Funny smell from my mixer

Behind the powersupply is a second board. I replaced two caps there aswell.

I ordered the new supply yesterday. Should have it by the end of the week.

I actually contacted the company that made the old supply - Autec Power Systems. Their technician was very pleasant and accommodating. Basically told me to do exactly what I'm doing. Said that the burnt inductor was a custom wound part so there's no way I'd find an off-the-shelf replacement.

While I'm waiting for the new supply to arrive, I removed the output connectors from the old supply, placed them on a piece of perf board, and wired up the pins according to Don's diagram and pictures from the other thread.

Got the supply! It's much smaller than the original, so it'll have plenty of room in the console. There's a decal near the fan that says the fan will only run if the load exceeds 50%, so there's a little good news already.

Just need to figure out a neat way to mount it.

Here's a question:
There are obviously multiple output pins on this supply (as there are on any PC supply). I'm assuming that, since multiple pins carry the same voltages, they are just paralleled. So, if I need, say, 5VDC to feed my output connectors, I can just pick any 5VDC pin from the supply and hook it up.

Is this what you did, Don?

SUCCESS!

Replaced the old switching supply with a Seasonic SS-350M1U. Bench tested everything before making it permanent and pretty.

Console fires right up and passes audio. I guess the real proof in the pudding will be when I actually put it back in the studio and start using it.

By the way, the fan on the power supply doesn't come on unless the load is greater than 50%. After leaving it running on the bench for a couple hours, the fan never came on.

:ugeek:

Keep her cool, or you will have problems, shut it down when not in use. An air conditioning fail has killed computer gear for me before, and the DM24 has several heat sensitive parts.

I always kill the power to the whole studio when I'm not using it; and those rare times when I have to leave the computer on overnight for a large video render or something like that, I shut down the console.

The room is also in my basement which is always around 10 degrees cooler than the rest of the house.

New threads

Members online