FW-1884 Outputs 1-8 not working

Adrian Rosales

Gear owned
FW-1884 FW-1082 & FireOne
Long story short:

got this gear used last week,

the firewire is on, the audio comes over the headphones, but nothing comes out of the 1-8 outputs, either from the audio from the computer of from any analog channel

I am using balanced trs cables from the tascam to my 2 mackie monitors
the leds are showing audio being produced but still no matter what i try the only audio i get from the FW-1884 is from the phone jack, nothin from the outputs 1-8

any ideas?

thanks

I'll take a guess. If you are using Windows, is the manufacturer specific ASIO driver installed?

Yes I have the right ASIO driver installed, I am using SONAR and cakewalk bandlab, but this looks like its more like a hardware issue since i cant get any audio out of the tascam thru the outputs except for the phones output (i have 2 guitars and the daw track and i hear all over the headphones, but NOTHING when i dial the monitor knob) someone told me there is a master mute button that could be on, but i honestly cant find it..

UPDATE: All fixed now, It was actually a cable that "somehow" during transportation got loose, how did i find that out? I ended up opening the unit to see if there was any fuse or something that could give me an idea and found a loose flat gray "computer like" cable, i replace it at the only place i found i could go and all it is working now... i tried to upload a pic of the board but for some reason this website wont let me.. if you come across something like this send me a message and i will send you the pic of what solve the problem for me...

Reactions: -mjk-
Glad you found the problem. If you want to upload a pic to the forum you can use a service like https://postimages.org/ Upload the photo and then post the link in a forum message.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.