Fw card for sale

rtteter

Gear owned
DM4800
Mine was working great for months. Woke up Monday to the a "no cable" status. (quickly flashes "Drivers offline" before holding "no cable") Out of the blue.

Before you ask - I've tried EVERY element in the chain. The problem is in between the FW card and the computer. Drivers were all up to date, still are.

I've read of this exact problem in these forums, and none of them ever conclude with a solution.

So - who has one!!!1????!!1 I'll give you my first born.

No OS information or any other detail provided to help. You made no changes whatsoever either to the OS or physically to the mixer? Did you unplug/plug the FireWire connection while your DM was on? People have fried the chips doing that. Only way to verify fried chipsets is to send it Tascam to look at. Any chance you can try another computer to rule out the problem being caused on the one you're using? Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest beta drivers (location of drivers provided in DM32004800 sticky)? If you are using Windows OS, are you using the Microsoft legacy OHCI 1394 driver?

OS is Sierra. On a Macbook. Everything was working GREAT for 2 months. So I don't think it's a software thing.

I think I might have knocked it around somehow when I was behind the desk handling other cables. possibly something got caught on the connection and pulled it out. Can't remember. Definitely no "pulling out the cable" just before it stopped working. If I pulled it out - it continued to work for some time.

Can't get Tascam to return my calls. Trying to send in for service.

I'm not well versed in Mac so I can't help you. I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver but first try a new fw cable if you haven't tried that yet. Are you sure there was no OS update or any change from the time it worked tomthe time it didn't?

yeah all done...thanks anyway!

thinking about buying a whole 3200 just to get the card out of it.

That wouldn't be so bad. If you do that then you can delve into the cascade world and double your mixer's physical inputs and outputs as well as spread your project across both 3200's in Remote Layer. Plus you'll have a standby ready if something ever happens to your primary DM. You'll just need to purchase a cascade cable (which is quite difficult to make) from a 3rd party vendor as Tascam stopped manufacturing them years ago. No chance in trying it in another Mac or swap your hard drive out and test with another OS build to rule out your computer?

Has anyone had any luck with having Tascam return either phone messages or support email? It seems almost impossible to reach them.

@rtteter Good luck with your Firewire issue

Are you not talking to someone in tech support? I contact them often and never have to leave a voice mail. Someone in the California location always picks up. Perhaps you're calling the wrong numbers. Email support admittedly sucks.

@cmaffia I have used the support links and parts contact form on the Tascam site. Perhaps, I should try calling them instead. However, I don't see that option. My bad. I just the phone number listed above the contact form.

http://tascam.com/support/

My first attempt at reaching someone in Parts via email was made on February 21, 2017.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Yes always call. Seriously don't bother emailing them. I've sent emails that years later haven't been responded to. There is a Service & Repair Department number on their website.
(323) 477-1331 from Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm Pacific Time.

Reactions: Peter Batah
@cmaffia Thank you for that information. I will use that number in the future. I suppose that may be their central number. I am located on Canada. Much appreciated.

@Fiber And, apparently there is a power up sequence that should be adhered to from what I have read. Thanks for your input Fiber

New threads

Members online

No members online now.