Get the DM 4800 to control Cubase 7 via remote layer

Steve Erinle

Gear owned
Tascam DM 4800
Hi everyone, I'm new here and hoping to get help and support from experienced users . I purchased the Tascam DM 4800 and after a couple of test runs with it in the studio while reading the manual, i have understood the concept of the mixer and must say I'm so happy i got it. Anyway I've a problem i just can't overcome and don't understand what I'm doing wrong, i just can't get the Tascam DM 4800 to work as a controller for Cubase 7 on the Tascam DM 4800 remote layer using the Mackie hui protocol. The closest i got to controlling the Fader on Cubase was using the generic remote control setting on Cubase and what i found out is that the first 24 faders of the Tascam controls the faders on Cubase, but what i really want is that the remote layer of the Tascam DM 4800 controls the faders, pans, banks, and transport of the Cubase 7....... I just don't get it ....... I really need help please...... Does anyone here know how i should set this up right
Best regards
Steve Erinle
Fat Vibes Music

Reactions: Steve Erinle
Thanks so much cmaffia, I'm going to try it out now, I'm on my way to the Studio and will let you know if it worked out. Thanks again

Make sure you have a working USB connection from your DM4800 to your PC as well or else this won't work!

I have the USB connected as well as the IF-FW DMMKII Firewire Audio Interface card and everything is on the latest driver versions on the PC as well as on the Tascam mixer as well. USB and Firewire of the Tascam DM 4800 has been recognized by the PC.
Thanks, I'm reading through the instructions and will try it out very soon ☺
I really want to use the controller surface and all automations I'm going to do in Cubase.
Thanks so much. ☺

It does work

CMAFFIA.......THANKS A MILLION, working like magic

New threads

Members online