Geting faster ethernet

Audioart

Gear owned
MX-2424
Hello.

My name is Pere, from Barcelona

I have an Mx-2424 since 2001 working perfectly.

Now I want to solution a little problem.
It's possible to get faster the ethernet signal from Mx-2424?

The speed is 100mbps, and i have an ethernet card in my computer that is able to recive/send 1Gbps.
Can I get better the speed beetwin my MX-2424 and my computer?

Thank for your answers and help.

I don't believe so, the MX was designed a long time ago before fast ethernet was even thought of. The ethernet driver would be in the software, and development and that has long passed.

Alan.

Reactions: Caveman
Thaks for your fast answer, Alan.

Do you know a faster way to transfer the files from MX2424 to any DAW?

Pere.

If you are keen, you could set up the MX with an external tower and rack out caddies and a PC with a scsi card and a rack out caddy. If you plug the SCSI drive into the PC you can transfer the files in a few seconds. I have this setup and sometimes do it this way if I have big projects.

If it's just a song or smaller projects I do the usual ethernet thing and just make a coffee while the transfer is going on. You do know that you can queue multiple files for transfer?

Alan.

Hi again Alan

Thank You for your answer.
The way I allways transfer the files is, off course, ethernet. Very slow for medium and big projects. And afeter your last answer, I've been lookin in Internet this kind of scsi card but I didn't find it pci express. do you know an alternative via USB-SCSI?

Thanks for your patience.

Pere.

You will have to do it with a PCI style SCSI card. If you get a 68pin card you can connect to a caddy via an internal cable and power the scsi drive from the computer power supply.

Thank You again.

With this answer, if you are ok, I close this Tread

Bye.

I use an RME RayDAT card & do real time transfers using the ADAT ports. Much quicker that using ethernet.

Here I am again after 10 yrs of my MX sitting in the closet, I find myself looking for a better way to transfer, haha. Is this a thousand dollar card and are you saying it will transfer right into a DAW like PT? Very interesting!

Yes the raydat card can do 32 tracks at once via 4 sets of adat ports. If I do a lve recorrdng I take the MX, then do a real time recording into protools via the raydat card. I also use my 2 MX's for convertors when I'm using protools. It works very well. I clock the MX from the raydat card over wordclock. At one time due to financial constraints I was using a Behringer SRC24/96 for recording my 2 track master, which also hooked upto the Raydat over AES (it was also clocked over AES in this case). The Behringer is really cheap & sounds good, espcially if externally clocked.

I just commented on another thread about doing this with the DM into Protools? Maybe you could check out that thread? Thanks

Sorry have no experience of the DM so can't give you an opinion on this.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.