Getting A Song to Itunes or an email

JohnnyStubble

Gear owned
Tascam DP24SD
I have watched Phil's videos, but I have a simple question. Besides archiving and sharing files. I am interested in putting my song in my personal iTunes, youtube, or at least transfer to an email. I am wondering how you guys have approached that.

I can't help with iTunes.

But you should be able to put your song up at youtube. It's been a long time - but I made picture slide videos and put my song to that at one point. Not sure - but they may have a utility for doing that with more ease now.

You're song audio file will be a .WAV file from the SONG folder and will (probably) be too big for most free email services. I would use google drive, dropbox, or something like that to share that file privately.

Soundcloud is a great free streaming service. I use that.... and simply embed or link to that with folks publicly and privately. It'll do .wav and mp3's for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark Richards
I am having difficulty getting my song to soundcloud. It wants to take all the tracks separately when I move the file into the center download.

Maybe to get these all these files compiled? I would use audacity. I’m trying to get my recording to a cd, SoundCloud, iTunes or wmp...is audacity or daw the answer? As Jeff Lynne sang in ELO, “confusion, it’s such a terrible thing.” This is what I am picking up in random threads.

I am having difficulty getting my song to soundcloud. It wants to take all the tracks separately when I move the file into the center download.
Sounds like you are trying to upload the whole 'song' as created by the DP machine. If you are looking at the song folder under the MUSIC folder, there will be loads of wave files. There is only one file here which is sensible to use - it's called the 'master' file, and will only be present if you've done a mixdown (optionally followed by mastering). Its name will be the same as the song name. All other files should be ignored.
So the first thing to do is mixdown your tracks to create a master file. This will be a standard stereo wave file, so should be acceptable to several music websites. If not, you'll have to convert it, e.g. to mp3 format, in which case, you'll need a utility to do this, such as Audacity.
As David said, use a file-sharing/transfer site for sending large files via email - I use one called wetransfer.com

I am interested in putting my song in my personal iTunes, youtube, or at least transfer to an email...I am having difficulty getting my song to soundcloud. It wants to take all the tracks separately when I move the file into the center download...I am trying the Audacity route by using the Audio Depot.

If I'm understanding your production method correctly, you're going to use the Audio Depot/Export function to:
  • Export the individual DP-24SD tracks (which are the proprietary ZZyyyy_x.wav files in the Music/Songname folder) of your one song to individual standard .WAV file tracks suitable for import to Audacity;
  • Import those exported standard .WAV file tracks into Audacity;
  • Mix the individual imported tracks down in Audacity to a stereo master; and then
  • Upload your stereo master to your distribution channel.
Have I got that right?

I ask because in the past I've run into issues if there are too many tracks being imported to Audacity running on my Win7 laptop with 4gb ram. How many tracks are you exporting to Audacity, and on what platform are you running Audacity?

My second question is...why:
  • You can do the mixing/mastering right on your DP-24SD, and then just import the resulting stereo master .wav file into Audacity to reduce it to an mp3 (if that's what you need) or use a file sharing/transfer site as Phil and David suggested;
  • What advantages make Audacity your preferred platform rather than your DP-24SD for mixing and mastering your song?
Anything you can offer in that regard would be very informative, I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online