Getting interference with DR-40x and Sennheiser AVX wireless mics

Making Noise

Gear owned
Tascam DR-40x
Recently I have been getting some pretty bad interference when running two Sennheiser AVX wireless mics into a TASCAM dr-40x.

I shoot solo run and gun observational documentaries in a variety of live locations, situations with many people and chaotic.

The audio set ups I move between are the one mentioned above and a Rode NTG1 mic and Sennheiser AVX straight into my camera. I have never, or at least so infrequently I can't remember, got interference when running straight into the camera via xlr inputs.

Has anyone got any ideas, suggestions or better yet solutions to this problem? I have run tests in my home, a far more controlled space, and am unable to recreate the issue.

Happy to provide further info or answer questions in regards to this.

Appreciate any help you may have.
Cheers.

Hey Geoffrey. This has happened in multiple situations. Inside a crowded auditorium, on a small boat on a lake with two people, on a bus, in an art studio, in a post office, on a busy street and most recently at a funeral ceremony and cemetery. I am presently filming in Vietnam but it has happened in Australia and Canada as well.

I usually have the mics on two talent who can at times be close together or far apart.

I have tried recreating the situation by putting the mics on colleagues back at the office and have them walk around for a while. And nothing?

Appreciate any thoughts or suggests.

Cheers.

So, you are feeding two mics into the camera, in crowded situations..... where the wireless mic gets close to the shotgun mic? In those situations, you might find that RF picked up by the shotgun mic cable could cause interference...?

New threads

Members online

No members online now.