Happy To Be Here

WJBIII

Gear owned
DP24SD
Hey, Y'all --

My DP-24SD has been in the house for about three weeks, and I'm just finishing an original rock/blues song comprising five drum tracks (Boss DR770), bass guitar, four keyboard tracks (Yamaha DX-7), rhythm and lead guitar tracks, and a single vocal. Thirteen in all, in not much time at all. (I started completely from scratch with the 770 and DX in that time, too.)

There's more coming.

I work as a rock show stage lighting designer and director (forty-one years at it, now). I've been an amateur guitarist since age thirteen when Dad began teaching me to play in 1969. Third-generation and lifelong Gibson kid.

I'm *thrilled* with my DP-24SD. I've noted the lapse of MIDI in this model and understand the complaint, but I haven't recorded anything since my Yamaha MT-100 cassette four-tracker in the mid-90's. This is pretty Space-Agey, to me.

I need to applaud everyone's friend here, Mr. Phil Tipping. I was digging his YouTube series before this machine arrived, and those videos were crucial to being able to go right to work.

I've been reading through the "2488 and DP-24/32" forum and only got through about five pages before I was impressed enough to sign up. It looks like y'all have this thing wired, and this the place to be.

Thanks for having me.

Billy Beck
Dryden, NY USA

Welcome, Billy! Glad you're having fun with the DP-24SD.

New threads

Members online