Has anybody got a service manual for the TSR-8?

guitarninja

Gear owned
22-4, 22-2, 38, TSR-8,
I can find the Owner/Maintenance Manual everywhere. The problem is the Owner/Maintenance Manual hasn't got the schematics or directions for calibration. I guess the most important thing I could find out is which trim pots perform which type of adjustment. I've never had so much trouble finding the kind of info for my other tape machines.

Thanks for your help, but that's the Owner/Maintenance manual and doesn't have the full story for tuning the amp cards. They have got a great manual for the MSR-16 which does have all the info you could ever want. Any idea if the trim pots on the MSR-16 share the same code number as the mighty TSR-8?

Thanks for your help, but that's the Owner/Maintenance manual and doesn't have the full story for tuning the amp cards. They have got a great manual for the MSR-16 which does have all the info you could ever want. Any idea if the trim pots on the MSR-16 share the same code number as the mighty TSR-8?
I have both, TSR-8 and MS-16. I understand that you need to kwow the trim's fuctions/use/logs in the RecPlay amp-cards. I'll can help you in this way ... but not for calibration itself. .... Sorry for my bad english.

I do own a pdf copy of TSR-8 Service Manual, just in case...

All the best!

The best manuals as I have stated in other posts come from Stereomanuals.com . You will want to get the service manual if they have two. The service manual obtained from the right place such as Stereomanuals.com will have all the fold outs and stuff you need to have to do the job. You will also need a MRL tape and external AC millivolt meter with a switch device. I just finished a TSR8 not a week ago and they do tune up but are a pain to work on next to the 38. I am a past Teac Technician.

When I use the TSR8 Manual to service these decks as well as calibrate them I do not have any problems doing it and I have had to work on at least a dozen or more by now.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.