Has anyone opened up a DM just to check connections and clean?

rqstudio

Veteran
Gear owned
MX-2424 DM-3200
I was waiting for another member who said he was going to open his desk but that has already been several days, so I'm proposing the question to you. Has anyone opened up a DM just to check connections and clean? I'd really like to see if anything is user accessible.

I've opened mine, to put in the "2Seemy" vga card, as well as change out my display. Not hard to do. I followed the 2seemy website directions, with pictures. Everything is basically circuit boards, connected with ribbon cables. There's less in there than you would think. Not much that is user serviceable, except changing the display and checking the ribbon cable plugs. That's about it.

I've opened it up to install my 2seemy card as well and I was surprised to see 3 hamster wheels but no hamsters (probably on break because my DM3200 was powered down).

Reactions: Arjan P
Yep, it was simple to follow the "2seemy" instructions Probably not to difficult to replace a card if you had to. I remember on a couple of occasions, being instructed by Tascam to replace a few cards/memory in the MX-2424

I was surprised to see 3 hamster wheels but no hamsters
Interesting.. When I opened mine for the 2Seemy and display replacement, there were 3 dead hamsters on the bottom and no wheels! :D

Reactions: Peter Batah

New threads

Members online

No members online now.