Headamp 6 pro routing

patrickr2018

From
Bethlehem Pa
Gear owned
Tascam dm3200, FW card, a
Hey guys I've been a member for a couple of years and I believe this is the first time I'm posting anything. I've learned a lot from reading through these threads and am so appreciative of all the knowledge and support that is so freely given here.

My question is in regards to headphone routing. I've already set my headphone amp and have it routed through aux 1-2. With the headamp 6 pro you could run an output from the performer's channel directly to an aux input of the amp and that would allow the "more me" feature. Would I be able to use Tdif outputs to send a signal directly from the performer's channel into the amp to utilize that feature? Or does anybody know a better way? Thanks!

I have a Headamp 6 Pro. Seems to me the easiest thing would be to run a line from one of the Tascam's assignable sends to the AUX in for the performer's headphones, and then send the performer's channel out that Aux send. Then the Balance control will let them set the balance between stereo track and themselves.

Using TDIF, you'd have to convert the digital signal prior to the headphone amp... no TDIF in on that.

That works fine if your only tracking four people being that the 3200 only has 4 assignable sends. Is there a way to assign aux 5-8 to an output so that I could take advantage of all 8 aux's?

Like I say, you're kind of out of analog outputs at that point. Adding the analog card to the console would give you more... you could use 6 of the 8 outputs as "me" sends. I guess you could assign the individual channels to channels in a TDIF out, but you'd need a conversion/breakout box.

I should be receiving an analog card tomorrow. I order a dangerous dbox and needed the card to connect it. I guess I could use a patch bay and connect the cards outputs to that so when I'm tracking I could connect the amp and when mixing I'll connect the dbox.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.