Hello

English Billy1

Gear owned
mx-2424
Hi Everyone, it has been a while since I joined any forums or user groups, but I just acquired a gorgeous mx-2424 hdr to pair with my 1992 Soundcraft Spirit Studio console. I have owned several pieces of Tascam kit over the years (been messing in studios since the 1980s) and recently had a 2488 Neo which looked decent but I have longed to be able to do a traditional multitrack mix down from 'tape' back through an analog board for as long as I can remember, so I sold the Neo for a few bucks profit on CL and bought my MX 2424. I am slowly putting together a hybrid studio and was tired of being 'spoilt' by bad habits developed using Logic Pro DAW - too much emphasis on graphic editing in my song construction for one thing - so I was attracted to the hdr route but a little scared of editing on an 'event by event' basis using markers. The mxView software should suffice for my needs I imagine (hope). Along the road I have been astonished by the deals one can get buying used on CL (my chosen 'store') and I guess I have made it my personal mantra to seek out old: possibly unfashionable kit to utilise in the studio. I only wish I could source all the db25 snakes I need used too.. but not in my location. Recently I added a Roland R5, TC M One 'verb as well as a killer Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5 tube head that was listed in the wrong place under a weird heading for rock bottom prices. I don't work for Craigslist don't worry, just spreading the word.. bargains to be had if you make it a hobby to dig.
I hope to rejuvinate my recording career with the mx-based setup and the first project will be a maxi single or 5 track mini album of some70s

Last edited:
Reactions: DJ X
...70s influenced rock tunes I have been writing.. I'm an ex-pat Brit living in San Diego now and I'm encouraged by the love I feel here for classic rock where as in England in my experience (for the last decade or two) you'd be hard pushed to ever hear Led Zepp or anything like that on a jukebox in a bar or pub anymore...

Reactions: DJ X
Welcome, it's great to have you!

Long Live Rock

New threads

Members online

No members online now.