HELP! 424 MKII doesn't play :(

chicoa

Gear owned
Tascam 424 MKII
Hi there! So... I HAVE A PROBLEM! I've just bought a second hand Tascam Portastudio 424 MKII. It looks like great condition, but when I push play button it makes a sound like it's going to work but... nothing happends :( the tape doesn't move :( I've opened the Tascam but I haven't seen anything strange: nor dirty, nor anything that could need a safety stop the tape and the rubber belts are in perfect condition. I add some videos so you can see what I'm telling:

As you can see at the end of second video and in the third one, the "thing" which has to do the "play-job" is working and responds when a press the play-button, however, it's like something is stopping the machine to do it.

PLEASE HELP! THANKS!

I've red the manual and used the "cleaning mode" in order to see if the things could rotate... but nothing moves... nor play, nor ffwd, nor rew. It makes that "click" sound you can hear in the videos, but no movement.

You need to have a Technician work on it as you are missing the point and have to take the transport out to work on it. Pressing buttons and taking videos don't do much to help. The mechanism is dead and there can be many reasons for this including power supply problems, belts and bad switches.
I am one who fixes these.

I just finished that same model on my bench in the service shop. It all works well now. You are not going to fix it by these videos. You need to open up the transport and see why the unit does not work.
It is a job for a Technician. Pressing buttons continuously will have no good outcome.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.