Help adat connection to DAW and effects

Mechamilk

Gear owned
dm 24
Hello,
THE SETUP:

I have a DM24 with a optional ADAT card in slot 1.
All adat are connected to a pulsar 2 to my DAW. The DM24 is in slave mode and in sync with no problems.
I have some synths connected on line inputs to the DM24, i send each channel to aux 1-2 , 3-4, 5-6, 7-8 then send it to my soundacrd via ADAT.
The stereo out of my DAW is sent via ADAT to the DM24 on a separate channel.
Every channel is stereo with stereo fader selected.

THE ISSUE:

If i listen to direct output of each channel the sound is clear and perfect, if i listen to the sound that come back from the ADAT it crackels like a desync or a faulty ADAT connection. It crackles more if i listen to more channels from adat at the same time. Its like 2 of the same signals are going to the stereo out.

I struggle to find the good setup on the input and output ASSIGN page.

I also have some external effects and i would like to use it on send return channels to be able to send every channel to an effect and manage the return with a fader.

I need help, its driving me crazy.
Any help, tutorial, hint or idea is welcome. I search for pics or explanation of the ASSIGN page, any hint to what i can and can't send on ASSIGN out and how to add my effects to the DM24.
Thank you.

Clock issue. Try the DM24 as the master device.
Make sure the card and the DAW expect the clock from the DM24.

- Will Miho

Hello and thank you for the reply.
Meanwhile i ve opened the DM-24 and found 3 capacitors puffed. I already changed 2 and i'm waiting the last one.
I know that it wasnt a sync problem because it happened only on some channels and with send returns on the same adat slot.
I will post after replacing the last capacitor. Finger crossed...

New threads

Staff online

Members online