Help! Drop out in Tascam 16x08

leomarvet

Gear owned
US-16x08
Helo!

I`m a new member and a a new owner too. I`ve already recorded well once, but now I`m trying to do the same thing, the same way, and I`m not getting do it. I`m using Tascam 16x08 with a notebook core i7 2ghz ram 8gb win7 ultimate and Reaper as record software. I've conected Tascam in USB port and open the tascam settings panel. It sounds good: it's capturing the sound of mic inputed, I can control the the input sound and listen the results on phone. Now I open reaper - as I did before, configure the track to input that I'm using and the program recognize: I can see the levels of inputed sound on track. It seems to be ok for a moment, and so starts a intermitent noise and the level`s track stop responding. I go to the Tascam setting panel and alterate the buffer size to any value. Reaper`s level seems to be ok again, for a moment, and so iniciate the noise again. Everytime I alternate the buffer size on Tascam it happens. I've tryed to open any audio file to monitoring by tascam, and the same happens - I star listening well and then iniciate the noise. I alternate buffer size, it stops for a moment and starts again. By the way, I'm not getting use the interface. What do I should do?

That's weird. I've used one 16x08 with Reaper also and I don't recognize the problems you're having. Are you having other drivers running claiming the USB bus? To be completely honest, This was on a MacBook OSX

Same here with windows 10 and Reaper

Also sometime there is a big lag that appear and the only workaround is to open and close the audio configuration within reaper.

Windows 10 pro
Reaper version 5.22, 64-bit.
Tascam driver V1.04

New threads

Staff online

Members online