Help with phones output

bgood

Gear owned
DP-24SD
Hi. I use my recorder with my drum set for recording and monitoring via mics to save my hearing a bit. Sounds great with my Audio Technica headphones but they don't give me enough attenuation of the acoustic drum sounds. I recently tried my custom in ears for this application and notice the output has quite a bit of noise and hiss. Research and a conversation with the manufacturer indicated an impedance mismatch. The in ears work great with other sound sources and are designed to work with a belt pack VS a mixer/recorder.

The manufacturer suggested an impedance adapter might help. Does anyone have any experience with this issue? I also purchased a small Rolls headphone mixer that I connect to the stereo output on the tascam which works well but isn't quite what I want.

Any suggestions on helping me find a way to get better results with the in ears via the Tascam phone output? Thanks.

Can't help with an in-ear recommendation.

The Beyerdynamic DT 1350-80 closed-back on-ear headphone has about the best passive isolation of any closed back on-ear or over-ear headphone on the market. It's designed for DJ use. It has very good attenuation of external sound from about -45dB at 4kHz and higher to about -10dB at 300Hz, after which attenuation decreases rapidly to "none" below 200Hz. That's about the best you're likely to get from on-ear/over-ear closed back cans without going to heavy, battery-powered active headphones specifically designed to cancel external noise.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.