Help with TEAC A-430 Cassette Deck

Daddio

Gear owned
Teac A-430
I have two of these old cassette decks and both of them need belts. I have peeked inside one of them and it seems like a difficult project. Can anyone help me?
I have the service manual and it does not address the belts at all other than to show them in the exploded views. Has anyone done this?
Thanks in advance for any help!

The belt job is just part of what is needed. There are usually multiple tires on pulleys that need to also be changed and I have had to rebuild some reel tables that had felt clutches in them. As felt gets old it loses it's soft and fluffy condition and then the friction and therefore the torque goes up. Of course oiling of the motor bearings and Flywheel bearing is a must. I have found that over the last year that using A<MS Signature synthetic oil has worked wonders in all machines both reel or cassette. I think the A430 also still made use of record play switches and so these like every deck that employs them will need to be sprayed with Deoxit. The deck is old enough to need a complete recap as well. I have done belt jobs on that model a few times at Chicago Factory Service in the mid 80's.

Thanks for your input on this SkywaveTDR. These are indeed old decks and they are good ones, solid and heavy and yet simple to use.
Do you do these repairs still? I don't want to goodwill these decks but they are worthless in their current state.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.