High Sierra MacOS is not detecting my DM4800

Reak

From
Nigeria
Gear owned
dm4800
I have used all drivers uploaded on Tascam website but didn't work

Following, as I am wanting to update, too.

It has finally worked....After all the stress, i went to sleep sad. i woke up and started the engine then it worked.

My new problem is that, I dont know how to restore my backed up setting with TMcompanion. can you help? thanks.

Which drivers you installed?
Grazie

@butch

https://www.tascam.eu/sw/if-fwdmmkii/IF-FWDM_MKII_188754_Installer.dmg

This is the driver that worked for me recently on High Sierra. If you aren't already aware, with OS X High Sierra there are a few security hoops you have to jump through each time you install software that isn't "known to Apple." i.e. isn't something from the App store or coming from a major software developer like Waves, AVID, ect.

During the install process, if you open the "System Preferences" panel and go to the "Security & Privacy" section, you should see the "General" tab and at the bottom it will give two options, with buttons to select either:

"Allow apps downloaded from:

1. App Store
2. App Store and Identified Developers

Choose the second option. (You may need to input your Admin password to unlock the settings, by clicking the lock icon in the bottom left.)

After that, anytime you install software, drivers, extensions, ect. that are not known by Apple (Such as the drivers from Tascam) you will be asked to approve their installation at this window.
Once you attempt to run the installer, there should be a button that isn't always present that will pop up on this page that says "Open Anyway". Click that to allow the process to proceed. Sometimes you will have to restart the installer program, but not always.
And you will almost certainly require a restart of the system for the install to take effect, even if not prompted to do so by the installer program.

This is a security measure that has plagued many users since High Sierra was launched, not only with Tascam software, but virtually anything that was not a "known developer" according to Apple. So if you plan to stay on that OS, just know that it can be causing this problem each time you try to install software or plugins that are from small or relatively niche devs.

Hope this helps. My entire setup is based around High Sierra, so I've had plenty experience jumping through its various hoops on my way to creating a stable system, which it very much is.

Best of luck,

Zach

P.S. Even though this is the Firewire section of the forums and you are technically looking for help with a FW device, I would recommend searching threads on this topic in the "Dm3200/4800" section, if you haven't already. Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: mixerizer
thank you Zach.

you own a 4800 or 3200? I suppose is the same software-firmware architecture.....

In your case USB and FW are both working?
usb DAW controller and Audio I/O ADDA ?

thx

I own both, but my DM4800 is a very recent purchase so I have had to time to set it up yet, however they are the same architecture with regard to the the FW AD/DA and the USB, with the exception being that with the 4800, you need to add one extra Mackie Extender in the Control Surface settings of your DAW (perhaps in the mixer settings as well) in order for it to work

I do have full DAW control over USB working in my DM3200 with Logic Pro 10.4.8.

It was a bit confusing and the Logic setup manual addendum that came from Tascam incorrectly stated that you need to add two MC for Logic in the setup screen when it only allows one. Disregard that and just do the one. After that, if you follow the manual info for setup, your only hurdle should be getting the right midi ports assigned in the control surface setup of your DAW. You want ports 5 and 6 for you remote layer of the main Mackie control surface and the Mackie extender, respectively.

Zach

thx
I run on on digital performer 10.13

I will update to high sierra

New threads

Staff online

Members online