Hooking up patchbays with dm mixer

nightspirit

From
Stavanger, Norway
Gear owned
Tascam DM 3200
Hey guys.
Just orderd 2 new/used patchbays (bitree TT bantem w/ edac 3 pin in the back). One is normalled, one half normalled. I also have one Trs patchbay.
Now I am twisting my head on how to best connect everything.
How are your patchbays hooked up with your dm mixer?
Please show picture off yours. just need some inspirasjon. And tips...

Cheers Dan

My bays are done roughly this way:
Bay 1
Top Row
- All the mic panels from the rooms, which coincidentally is 48. haha. In tracking mode there are not 48 mics in use, more like 26. But there are a total of 48 wall / bay panel points.
2nd Row - Mic Pre inputs. alf this row is blank as I only run about 26 mics at any time. The top row is Full-Normalled to the bottom - Meaning that a connector will break the send.
Bay 2
Top Row - Mic Pre outputs. Full Normalled to bottom.
Bottom Row - DM 4800 (slave) Line input / Insert ((sometimes swap these around.. one is not always better. This is true with lots of consoles. Not everyone knows how to wire stuff like Tascam!!))
Bay 3
Top Row - 24 channels of output from (3) IF-AN/DM cards. Full Normalled to bottom.
Bottom Row - Input to outboard rack.
Bay 4
Top Row
- Output from outboard. Full Normalled to bottom row.
Bottom Row
- Input to 24 channels of (3) IF-AN/DM cards. I never use these inputs, but rather when I'm mixing I bring these outboard outputs back on the (slave) DM"s line / insert channels. I like to mix with the instrument channels on the top 48 fader layer, and have the auxiliaries on the second layer.

For simplicity I did not cover the right side of my bay, which isn't empty, but is where all the auxiliaries, effects, master outs and 2 track recorder as well as extra outboard that doesn't quite fit in the right place.... A patchbay takes some serious planning and patience.

Aritsts come in here to work and know this rig so well they can pick an effect, patch it up and track it in under a minute.
Patch, pick a channel, punch a bus number and GO!!

This isn't a poor man's SSL, Because a I don't know of an SSL model that is THIS easy to use! And, I'm not poor.. haha.

Reactions: Peter Batah

New threads

Staff online

Members online