How Do I connect an external effects processor to TASCAM DP-24SD

Gmoney

Gear owned
TASCAM DP-SD24
Experts,

I just purchased a TASCAM DP-24SD. It is a wonderful piece of equipment !! I am trying to connect my effects processor to it but I don't understand the connectivity. I see the two "SEND OUTPUT" connectors in the rear, and I connect those to my effects processor. The problem is where do I connect the signal coming back from the effects processor? I don't see any inputs for "EFFECTS RETURN". Thanks !!

Gmoney

Hi Gmoney. I recently bought a lexicon MX 300 and connected it to my DP32. The answer to your question is that there are no dedicated send effects returns on the back of the Tascam and you will need to connect the return to two spare inputs. Mine are permanently connected to Input Source C and Input Source D. Also if you do this and can't hear/see any evidence of the chosen effect check that in the Assign screen you have assigned C and D (or whatever inputs you have chosen) to the Stereo Bus.
Thanks
Ropaul

Reactions: -mjk-
Reactions: Mark Richards
Hi Gmoney. I recently bought a lexicon MX 300 and connected it to my DP32. The answer to your question is that there are no dedicated send effects returns on the back of the Tascam and you will need to connect the return to two spare inputs. Mine are permanently connected to Input Source C and Input Source D. Also if you do this and can't hear/see any evidence of the chosen effect check that in the Assign screen you have assigned C and D (or whatever inputs you have chosen) to the Stereo Bus.
Thanks
Ropaul

What he said.

You can record the effect to the track, and then edit it like any other track - add a few ms at the beginning to give the other tracks more separation from the effect, edit out sections where you don't want effects, adjust the EQ, add DP effects to the recorded effect, etc.

Be sure to turn the effect send off for the track you are using as the input, or you might get a nasty feedback loop! No fun when the headphones are on!

Matt B

Assign screen you have assigned C and D (or whatever inputs you have chosen) to the Stereo Bus.

Be very careful about doing this. If you are not in Bounce mode, there's no need to assign it to the Stereo bus because you should be monitoring the track you're recording the effects on. If you are in Bounce mode however inputs must be assigned to the Stereo bus in order for them to make it to the Bounce bus. Just be aware, that if you are monitoring on the Stereo bus and monitoring the track output at the same time in Multitrack mode, you will not have an accurate representation of what is being recorded on the track. At the end of the day, trust the VU meter.

Reactions: Mark Richards

New threads

Members online

No members online now.