I am officially a DP-24SD fan club member!

Robbie Ferguson

From
Ontario, Canada
Website
category5.tv
Gear owned
DP-008EX, DP-24SD
My DP-24SD arrived tonight, and ye-gads, it's beautiful! I'm surprised at how small it is (the photos can be decieving - it looks huge in the listings), and the simple feel of the faders and buttons is making me light-headed.

I'll be installing it at my studio this weekend, and can't wait to start tinkering with my new mixer [slash] digital ISO recorder.

I was lucky and found one that was open box for more than $240 (CAD) off the retail price. It looks positively brand new - guessing it was a buyers-remorse return. Can't wait to fire it up and confirm that it's mint.

Big thanks to community members who answered some of my n00b questions as I was trying to figure out which ISO recorder to invest in. <3

Robbie

First thing to do is update to the latest firmware. ;)
(Check the TASCAM DP-24SD support page.)

Last edited:
And, be sure do a full format on the SD card immediately after you update the firmware. That's a little trick we've learned over the years to avoid issues. Every firmware update requires an SD card format under that new firmware.

Thanks @Mark Richards and @-mjk-
I've updated the firmware and run a full format on the SD card following the update. Now to start playing!

As suspected, the unit looks like it was bought, tested, and returned (there is a single "song" on the included SD card where the original purchaser recorded a few tests). So I lucked out by getting this "used" (really, just open box and tested from what it looks like). I'm quite happy right about now :)

Reactions: -mjk-
I bought a totally used DP-32 (original, with MIDI) and it was about 6 years old. It functions perfectly. These things are built like a tank. Yours isn't even broken in yet, hehe. Thanks for the follow-up posts. Looking forward to hearing more reports. As always, we're here to help.

Reactions: Robbie Ferguson

New threads

Members online