I cant tell if Im recording in stereo or not help

Bamboozledguy

Gear owned
DR-60D
Im working on a project that Im doing voiceovers for and Im recording them with a Rode Reporter Mic and and my TASCAM DR-60D. Im using Davinci Resolve to put the video, stills and voice together, Whenever I add a voiceover to the project the voiceover only comes out of one speaker. I can manipulate the track so that it plays in both speakers. When I play the track in Audacity it comes out both speakers, So Im trying to figure out if Im actually recording in stereo or mono. I have some handy dandy screenshots you can take a look at if it'll help.

iTLY9Sh.jpg

eLAaEpC.jpg

The Audacity screenshot shows that it's a mono file - by the look of it, but also in the info shown on the left side of the wave. Which should be fine for voice over, I would think?

Thank you very much for your help so it seems that the RODE Reporter is a mono mic. I didnt know that the RODE Reporter was a mono mic and I was trying to record in stereo. Im pretty sure you cant record in stereo with a mono mic unless you have something special going on which I dont lol. I tried a RODE VideoMicro mic which is a stereo mic and got two waveforms in Audacity which I recorded on the DR-60D in dual stereo mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arjan P

New threads

Members online