I know it's there, but I can't seem to achieve it

djnoshow

Gear owned
DM3200
Hi guys,

I'm appealing for help. In following the manual, I'm not understanding what I need to do to get it right.

I'm trying to apply an effect to a channel.

Sorry, I had a video. But This forum has never allowed me, so I have to describe my routing
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Yx563Ts9RxI

Inputs:
Channel 1-8 = Slot 2, 1-8
Channel 9-16= M/L 1-8
Channel 17-24= Slot 1 , 1-8
Channel 25-32= ADAT 1-8

Outputs
Slot 1 trk 1-8 = Bus 1-8/Dir 1-8
Slot 1 trk 9-16 = Bus 9-16/Dir 9-16
Slot 1 trk 17-24 = Bus 1-8/Dir 17-24
Slot 1 trk 25-32 = Bus 9-16/Dir 25-32

If I were to add an internal effect(s) to M/L 15, what would I do?

Thanks in advance

You can add effects in a number of ways but overall it breaks down to two ways: auxes and inserts.

An aux lets u send any amount of any or all channels or linked channel pairs to an effect. You return the effected signal from the effect using another input channel or linked channel pair.

An insert lets u send any mono or linked channel or buss pair to an effect and then returns the effected signal back into the same channel or buss pair.

read up on auxes and inserts to learn how to do each, based on what you want to do musically.

using the INPUT, OUTPUT and INSERT pages of the ROUTING screen will let u set up the aux or insert. Using the EFFECT page will let u choose the effect, and the mix or level.

good luck!

Reactions: djnoshow
Thanks for the reply Mixerizer.

In an attempt on routing options, I seem to get an incorrect entry statement "EFF 1l already assigned", same for Effect 1&2 L&R.

I can't see anywhere where these have been assigned before.

Does this YT vid shed light on what I'm doing wrong?

https://youtube.com/shorts/pnMrfL2w52g

Reactions: mixerizer
If you are seeing that message, it means you already have the effect assigned elsewhere.

in your video you don’t show all the pages of the INPUT and OUTPUT screens (remember pod 3 and 4 change which channels and sections are displayed), nor where you have AUXes routed, but yes, you have EFF1 L & R already assigned somewhere to auxes, inserts or channels on your board.

Also note ASN and EFF s/r are different. ASN refers to the board’s analog sends and returns. EFF refers to the board’s internal digital effects, #1 and 2.

Most of all, brush up on the basics of mixing with effects. Make sure you have a good grasp of the manual sections I mentioned, and of the fundamental difference between an INSERT (which appears to be what you are trying to create) and an AUX. The board is complex but it makes a lot more sense w that issue tackled.

Those are great, Peter! Thanks for posting.

Reactions: Peter Batah
Thanks Mixerizer,
Although in all my project settings, I couldn't find any attached settings, it led me to a path of restarting afresh to see any difference.
I was able to route the effect setting on a new project

That’s awesome - enjoy it, the inserts are definitely arcane but so flexible, it lets u save input channels

New threads

Members online