I must be dumb, can't even playback

sprbld417

Gear owned
dp32sd
total noob to anything music production wise. searched everywhere in the manual, searched online. found nothing. I want to playback a recording, or any song. I hit "play", and it doesn't "play". Even when I change songs. It still doesn't play. Plugged into a PA with only one cord on the L output. Literally spent two hours pressing everything to try to play. still doesnt play.

actually only plays back when I record another track.

Just to eliminate the most obvious possible source of error, did you rewind the songs to the start of the timer, before trying to replay ? This is done by pressing two buttons simultaneously, as detailed in the manual.

Well it's not being dumb :) the machine is complex... it's a mixer and multi-track recorder in one box so it won't behave like a basic stereo recorder you may have been used to. There are many reasons why you cannot hear anything but we need more info., such as what are you trying to play? Did you record it? If the song only has audio on the right hand side of the stereo field, you won't hear anything coming out of the L (left) output.
If you are a 'total noob', I would recommend getting to grips with the basics first - don't bother with 'playing' or 'recording' as this over-complicates things with tracks and sd-cards etc... just see if you can get a live signal through the machine from input to output to verify your external connections and PA etc. Then move on to using pre-recorded songs or recording your own.
There's a set of tutorials which walk you through these steps, but it's not a 5-minute job. If you want a quick fix, try creating a new Song (Menu, Song, Create), initialise the machine (Menu, Preference, Initialise), assign input A to the stereo bus (Assign...), plug any old cable into input A and dab the other end with your finger and see if you can hear any hum, buzz or click from the output, either headphones or speakers, while turning up the input trim knob, master stereo fader and monitor knob. You should also see the L/R meter bars move on the far right of the home screen. If you have a convenient signal source like a mic or instrument then you can also try that. If nothing comes out, then there's something wrong with your speakers and/or connection, or (less likely) the machine is faulty.
By the way, if you're the same person with similar problems on the Facebook dp24 group, apologies for repeating, but I can't follow alias names.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steven L. Stevens

New threads

Members online

No members online now.