I need some assistance. I have no sound going through the DM 3200

I’ve gotten off work late last night and I’m getting off in a few tonight but tomorrow I get off early and I will be doing this and will post my results.

Cmaffia as far as the windows updates, since I did a reinstall windows wants do all the updates so I guess I’d let it update until it can’t update no more.

Also CMaffia I don’t know if you uses Pro Tools but if anybody who does, the screen shots of my routing is it correct?

I keep saying this...Before even getting to your DAW, you need to confirm your ASIO/FW status in the MKii Control panel. I also recommend reading my Windows 10 sticky and go through all the basic driver/config steps as they apply to previous versions of Windows as well.

I keep smacking you back to the basic configurations because everything else depends on them working. Once you’ve successfully completed the following, then you can start diving into the DM/DAW routing.
  • For starters I’d configure the DM for 44.1 kHz. Remember the order for bootup: DM first, then PC, then speakers. Opposite for power down.
  • If you’ve already installed TMC, the latest MKii driver and confirmed you’re using the legacy OHCI 1394 driver, your next step is to open the MKii Control panel and confirm audio lock. If audio is not locked and shows disconnected then there’s no point in going further until you’ve figured out why the MKii is not communicating with your PC FW card.
  • If you do show audio lock, then configure 2 channels to route Windows audio to (WDM Outputs). I usually use 31/32 and make sure slot-1 31/32 are routed correctly in the DM and sent to the stereo buss.
  • Play an MP3 or WAV file. If you’re not seeing signal on inputs and not hearing audio then I would figure out why before going further with PT.
With all due respect, you need to understand the fundamentals of the DM’s inputs/outputs in order to understand it’s routing. From your initial posts, it doesn’t seem like you do. Maybe this approach will help:
http://www.tascamforums.com/threads/dm-routing-zen.634/

Reactions: Arjan P
Cmaffia it looks as if the drivers were the key. I believed at some point you may have mentioned the "source invert" so when I loaded a file in PT-10 sound started coming out the speakers and headphones.

My previous version of drivers it displayed lock as well and I know I didn't make any physical changes to my setup. I still don't know how the previous FW drivers and my OS (win-7) got squirrelly.

I could not find your "Windows 10 sticky" post as I would like to read it. I finally have time to really dive off into the DM and will be doing so.

And YES I do need to understand the fundamentals of the DM's inputs/outputs in order to understand it’s routing. I was trying to configure 2 channels to route Windows audio to (WDM Outputs). So with all due respect I respect the fact you told me this.

I most likely will have some more questions as I explore the DM so - Respectfully I Thank You!

Attachments

• IFFWDMmkII_Setup_176851_Release Control Panel.PNG
    IFFWDMmkII_Setup_176851_Release Control Panel.PNG
    196.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IF FW DM mkII Control Panel.PNG
    IF FW DM mkII Control Panel.PNG
    15.8 KB · Views: 22
Go to the root of the DM3200/4800 messages and see all sticky's at top.

Source Invert in the INPUTS tab was mentioned by @Arjan P.

Routing your DAW to the mixer can be highly specific in regards to the DAW's FireWire output mapping. I don't know your workflow. If your project sent your DAW tracks to the mixer, you need to make sure it matches the DM's FW input routing. If not, some weird stuff may happen on playback if you arbitrarily load projects with the existing DM routing (which is what I think was happening to you and once you inverted to Slot-1 as your inputs, you heard sound).

You should really start with getting the WDM playback working. The WDM configuration is sort of like a mini version of setting up your DAW. You need to understand these fundamentals first before moving forward. If you don't, I foresee phase II of your confusion being posted :).

Reactions: BigEasy504
Been working a lot so this weekend I will update and advise

" Play an MP3 or WAV file. If you’re not seeing signal on inputs and not hearing audio then I would figure out why before going further with PT."

cmaffia my MP3 is routing through the DM as I am seeing signal on inputs and hearing audio

Congrats.

Reactions: Headroom

New threads

Members online

No members online now.