If fw dm mkii with a burned fw chip

sessizmod

Gear owned
Tascam Dm3200
Hey folks, seems like my fw card got its fw chip burned. It’s 12 years old. It was working fine. I didnt know about hot-plug thing that we shouldn’t plug it when pc and mixer are open.

So i called the technical support in my country (Turkey) and they asked 140 euros for chip replacement if the culprit is really the fw chip. So i looked it up on the internet and found it for a couple euros. Chip is Texas Instruments Tsb41ab2 So i bought it and will take to a local repair shop with fw card to take my chances. I tried to measure the chip i have and confirmed the short on it.

Anyone with similar experiences?

Update : I got the fw chip installed to my fw card and it’s working again! I paid like 15 dollars for the repair and roughly 10 for the chip (it’s cheaper abroad). So for 25 dollars i got my desk working.

For anyone who tries this fix, keep in mind beside the chip replacement, you should ask your technician to check all the board for the shorts. I can answer any other question related to it and btw ; do this at your own risk! If you can afford, get it repaired at Tascam itself. I couldn’t afford it so..

Reactions: -mjk- and Arjan P

New threads

Members online

No members online now.