If-fw/dm mkii with osx mavericks

Booting into 10.6.9 on the very same machine does away with the problems I'm experiencing, so the evidence points to a conflict at the very least with my Mavericks installation (one thing I've not yet tried is a clean installation- my Mavericks installations were upgrades from 10.8.5 installs). Anecdotal reports from people who haven't experienced the same symptoms as I have are irrelevant, no matter how reliable the source. Not every Mavericks installation is the same, and Mac Pros have always been especially vulnerable to hardware conflicts and quirks due to the exponentially wider variety of system configurations in comparison with Apple's "off the shelf" products (iMacs and MacBooks). At any rate, I'm merely sharing my experience as it is relevant to the topic, and will update as new information comes to light. Cheers :)

Jim is right in stating that if other's are using the drivers successfully with Mavericks and you're not, then more than likely it's an issue with your setup.
Jim is also correct in stating that you should open a trouble ticket with Tascam in the event that they are aware of known issues with Mavericks.

Have you tried a full format, reinstalled the OS and test functionality with your DAW and the DM3200 without all your bells and whistes? If not, I strongly suggest you add your software and hardware incrementally and test in between until you find the conflict.

I'm using the if-fw_dmmk2_v1.22_macon my mavericks, and I'm haveing random freezes with it. so, how can I get this beta driver?
THanks everyone!

Uiane said:
I'm using the if-fw_dmmk2_v1.22_macon my mavericks, and I'm haveing random freezes with it. so, how can I get this beta driver?
THanks everyone!

Sounds like beta drivers will be the release drivers

I have a beta driver from tascam, it works great, if You want it, let me know

Hi all I am hoping to get my hands on the beta to get the FireWire card to work in mavericks does anyone know where I can download it ?

I am also interested in testing the beta drivers. Currently on OS version 10.8.5 and the driver, installed on 10.7 has stopped communicating with my DM-4800.

Any news re the release of the new IF-FW/DMMkII driver? If not, where can I get hold of a copy of the beta since it seems to work well with Mavericks?

I

Mavericks is kind of crappy at this point, but I'm sure Apple will fix it.
I've had numerous issues that I've been able to address to some extent.

The IF-FW/DM MKII is working fine with Mavericks.
I'm using the beta driver.
No problems here.

So can I get hold of a copy of the beta from anywhere? Until I fix this I have no audio.

Well, it seems to have sorted itself! I lashed my old system back together quickly to test whether the FW was working ok on the old m/c and it did. I tidied up a few more cables ... including TOSlinks from the stereo I/o of my old Mac into a converter feeding SPDIF I/o the DM4800 (maybe that was something to do with it - the Tascam control panel did say the card was unlocked although the desk was happy, pointing to a clocking confusion as a result of getting SPDIF from the (still powered and connected) converter as well as clock via FW to my new iMac. Anyway all seems well now.

Actually, spoke too soon. In fact ignore last message! What is now happening is that the iMac keeps losing lock of the FW stream. If I change the FW settings (on the DM 4800) from 32 to 16 channel on ins or outs or vice versa (i.e. relock) all is fine for a random time then it loses lock again and the CP shows audio dropouts.

So I actually do need the beta of the new driver please!

Search the forum for user "RedBus" and send him a request... He's the Tascam engineer who runs the beta.

Thanks I did and he has kindly sent me v 1.30f4 but I'm still getting dropouts, even when sending system audio via the card. Might be something else or maybe it is as Redbus said in his email, that the iMac and Mavericks FW combination is not stable yet until Apple release a fix ...

Well, if that driver isn't working you may have to drop back an OS version.

Hi All,

I am getting many emails asking me for the OS X 10.9 Firewire Beta Driver for the DM-4800, I have tried to attach it here as a download on this forum, but it tells me it is not allowed, so maybe the administrator can contact me and then upload it himself for you all to benefit from it

We've been passing it along via email. It would be great if it was already made available on the Tascam site.

I tried to up load it, but the site won't allow me to upload a .dmg file :rolleyes:

Advice from one of you guys to go with the download/link regarding DAW buffer sizes might be useful too.

New threads

Members online