If-fw/dm mkii with osx mavericks

Tascam can you release the drivers? :)

This is one of the reasons I wish I never purchased Tascam and I am a dealer also, their support is awful, I think since Gibson bought them, its going to get worse

I think that's a bit harsh. If you went to the Tascam.com site you'd see they released a schedule of devices that will have Maverick drivers updated. The DM series has not yet been put on that schedule. Personally I've seen Tascam go above and beyond so I disagree with your assessment. Gibson bought TEAC and TASCAM is their distribution division so I am not sure if the acquisition will bring any changes to Tascam. I think it will bring more changes to Gibson if anything. The worst support ever in my opinion is Steinberg. The don't even have a phone number therefore relying on email and their user forum for support. For as much as I love Cubase, its like having 2 hands and 2 legs tied behind your back when you run into real problems.

Musicman said:
This is one of the reasons I wish I never purchased Tascam and I am a dealer also, their support is awful, I think since Gibson bought them, its going to get worse

You mean you were a dealer. You know they read this forum, right?

Or that's what I'd say if I believed you. This is pure BS.

Jim let's be fair... maybe he meant another type of dealer.

Musicman, how much does an ounce go for these days?

The Support for Tascam is so much better in the UK than the US, I stand by what I say

Musicman said:
The Support for Tascam is so much better in the UK than the US, I stand by what I say

...........but that's not what you said...you did a much broader stroke about Tascam support in your original post.

Well that's what I meant, I would also like point point out I have helped so many people on this site by sending them the beta driver for Mavericks, this takes up my personal time, but I still did it, if it were no for me, they would still be in the doggy doos

Musicman said:
Well that's what I meant, I would also like point point out I have helped so many people on this site by sending them the beta driver for Mavericks, this takes up my personal time, but I still did it, if it were no for me, they would still be in the doggy doos

We all have helped others with these drivers long before you came here. No need to martyr yourself. It was your choice to distribute, nobody assigned you the task. However it would be nice if Tascam put them up on their site as there are probably a lot more people having problems than the ones that pass through this forum.

We'll the fact the drivers are not on hear should tell you a story, However thanks for that tip, I will no longer bother to send the drivers if asked

Do what you want nor am I suggesting not to help others.

I'm saying don't talk about how great you are for helping others and then gripe about it thereafter.

This discussion (for lack of a better term) brings up an interesting question: if a combination of DAW, operating system, and hardware drivers is playing nice together, why do users insist on upgrading an op/sys? I mean, if it's not broken, why fix it? What potential benefit outweighs reliability and stability?

Everybody knows damn well - whether Windoze or Mac - there will ALWAYS be a new, and likely incompatible, future operating system. Obsolescence is guaranteed into perpetuity. It's a minor miracle we can expect two distinctly different electronic devices to agree with each other as it is. And believe me, each and every day I'm in my studio, I'm in awe of that fact. So what if I may not be able to have 64 bit plugins, or some other 'feature' I'll likely not appreciate, when more than half of the plugs and features I have now remain un-used 90% of the time?

I'm sorry to throw this into the mix, but it's been a favorite rant of mine for quite a few years. And I know a few engineering curmudgeons and 'nutcases' still using Win-XP who're on the same train. ;)

Now, back to the regularly scheduled program. :)

The reason I ask is that on the Apple forum there is a lot of discussion re this audio problem. Us Tascam DM- users aren't the only ones having trouble with external audio i/f-s. Apparently OS10.9.2 (currently in beta) is proving hopeful in that it should solve a year-old problem with audio from iMacs as well as solving audio dropout problems with FW and USB2/3 devices.

PaulNickson said:
The reason I ask is that on the Apple forum there is a lot of discussion re this audio problem. Us Tascam DM- users aren't the only ones having trouble with external audio i/f-s. Apparently OS10.9.2 (currently in beta) is proving hopeful in that it should solve a year-old problem with audio from iMacs as well as solving audio dropout problems with FW and USB2/3 devices.

Did these same problems exist in the prior operating system - the one in use more than a year ago?

CaptDan

I only read it on the Apple forum ' .. distortion on iTunes after a while ...' etc which existed on the previous ('12) iMac. I had a Mac Pro at the time so I don't have any experience myself. Take a look at the Apple forum - it makes interesting reading!

I was & it was working beautifully. But it had reached its max OS (10.7) So I upgraded to an iMac so I could u/g to OS 10.9 then u/g Pro Tools to 11 and Logic to X. The rest you already know ..!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.