If-fw/dm mkii with osx mavericks

Good grief!! Seriously?

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT YOURSELF FROM THE 'STICKY' THREAD AT THE BEGINNING OF THIS FORUM. Which has only been said 10 or 20 times in this thread alone.

...the current beta drivers will likely run fine under 10.10, and then Tascam will post them, I'm sure.

Well, many of us were sure Tascam would have posted something official quite a while ago since the DM drivers have been in Beta for what, 2-years now?

For those interested, I have already made some comments on the DM F6 driver on 10.10 on the DM Beta Sticky:

http://www.tascamforums.com/threads/if-fw-dmmkii-beta-drivers-for-dm3200.2315/page-2

In any case, the DM drivers are working in 10.10 Yosemite with the preliminary testing I have done with DM F6 drivers on 10.10 that was first launched for developers last week. There are some DAW install issues, but I was able to play Internet radio via iTunes and watch a YouTube video.

Apple just pushed out the first 10.10 Beta Seed update yesterday and I am now able to install and launch 64-Bit versions of Ableton 9, Wavelab 8.5, PT11 and a new UAD Beta but have not gotten any further due other chores I needed to get done with 10.10. I am assuming that Logic X will install and work as that would be so lame of Apple if it didn't so I'll save that for latter. I hope to have some time to test DAW's by the end of this weekend. Cubase 7.5 and Nuendo 6.5 still have not updated their installer or provided a Beta update so waiting on them for the moment.

10.10 will have some low level CoreAudio changes that could pose problems for any 3rd party audio device drivers, specific docs and details about those changes are only trickling out so we'll see what that brings. 10.10 is looking to be a pretty decent big OS update and promises to be pretty dang cool with it's Continuity features in how it works with IOS8 Beta for iPhone and iPad.

You very likely don't want 10.10 on your DAW or at least not yet. But there will soon come a point where every new Mac will only ship with 10.10 and many others will quickly jump on the upgrade to take advantage of the new features so DAW and audio hardware drivers will have to work on it. It is likely that DAW features will take advantage of some of those new OS features so current audio hardware, new audio hardware, software and drivers all will have to work and work well on 10.10.

When it comes to Mac, most DAW users don't have more than one Mac or a whole separate Mac just for DAW work. I do as I know better than to try and do everything on one computer or base your whole business on one computer, but even with only one Mac you can have access to using more than on OS X version by using an External HD and booting off of that. My main DAW production rig pretty much sticks to released software or Beta software that is in the Release Candidate (RC) stage.

" I do as I know better than to try and do everything on one computer or base your whole business on one computer...."

And there you go again.

And I know better that there's no problem with doing everything on one machine, because I've done it for 18 years without a single problem. Maintaining sensible backups and not cluttering up your machine with geek ware allows a user to run any clean, well-supported software they like on their studio computer and upgrade without terror. Please stop talking down, if you can.

Just saw this....

Sounds like a communications breakdown.

G Jim is a great guy and very likable.
Many helpful posts.

AudioWave seems to be a very intelligent and helpful contributor.
I'm happy to hear that the DM drivers will work in Mac os10.10.

I think you guys got off on the wrong foot.

I for one, would be very grateful for continued input from both of you.

Geeze, if we audio folks can't find peace, I'm worried about the rest of the world.

Actually, Fiber, if running your business from any location depends on integration of Mac OSX and iOS, 10.10 looks like a real boost. I'm looking forward to it, because anything that makes my iDevices an "office in my pocket" is good for me.

FYI: Apple released Mavericks 10.9.5 Beta Seed to developers yesterday and IF-FW/DM F6 drivers still seem to working as tested with iTunes and Cubase 7.5 as updated from a 10.9.4 partition. Most changes & fixes are for various USB issues not resolved in 10.9.3 & 10.9.4

This is an old thread but i am wondering which beta version would fit best for Mavericks? I am updating to Mavericks and see there are a few of them (Beta versions)

Shachar, use the Beta IF-FW/DMmkII V1.30f10 which works with both Mavericks and Yosemite.

New threads

Members online