IF-FW/DMMKII beta drivers for DM3200/DM4800

Is it the one from the Tascam website? It's been working great for me on my early 2008 Mac Pro.

Are you running the most up-to-darw version of El Capitan?

Reactions: hammarj
Try launching the IF-FW/DM app after you install the driver and see if it locks. When I first installed the El Capitan beta driver I had a similar problem until I launched the application. Once I did it locked and then worked fine afterwards.

I believe the driver on Tascam's website is the same as the f10 beta driver that was posted on here but it is the "official" Tascam driver now so use that one.

I removed all the Tascam stuff I could find on the file system and reinstalled. Works!

Reactions: cmaffia
under w10. Is there an automatic install? As for all other devices supported by w10?

Please look at the sticky on Windows 10 instructions. Not sure what you mean about "automatic" installations. The only driver that is "automatic" is the USB driver.

The reason I bring this up is: windows 10 has automatic driver installation for most of it's supported hardware. Obviously for this rare stuff it is not allways the case. But if it is, then while your manual installation has installed (with an older driver) at the next bootup windows will automaticly replace your driver. Wich is something people may not be aware of.

Hello All Tascam users.
Thanks for the driver.

I resently bought an DM4800 with fire wire card.
I want to buy now aWindows Laptop to use the Tascam with Cubase 5. and my choise fell on the laptop model: HP Elitebook 8570 with PCI express card slot and fire wire connection and Windows 7. Does anyone has experiance with DM4800 and windows laptops with quad core processor? You think it will work? Or do I need an express fire wire card with texas chipset first? I hope someone has ideas. I am a newbe here.
Thanks for your feedback
Greetings Herman from the Netherlands.

All of that sounds good, it should work well, however I prefer windows 10 its much lighter that windows 7 in memory weight. I have the 3200 and sometimes I need to down grade to only 16 channel import from computer because of my hasslewell chipset and the PCI Lane thing. I have been all over configs with the tascam and I love it with the latest drivers (No Real Issues). I also love the emulation Hui Features to control the DAW . . . Please Enjoy that 4800 its a great peice of equipment. and flexible.

Thank you Kailah.
Hope that this HP laptop has the right chipset. compatible with texas instruments. Here in Netherlands. and even in Germany, nobody knows anything anymore about firewire. Like everybody has been brainwashed. haha...Maybe I am not so far from the truth right? .Also here in Netherlands some are awakened. But that is another story.
Making music keeps your mind clear I think.

I think indeed that the DM4800 is a powerfull mixer. I also have one analog card and 2 extra adat cards. But that is for later. I had a Behringer 3216 mixer before. It sounded like a jet engine haha..Lots of white noise. With a bit of gain.Pfff. I guess something was broken. But Tascam is really professional. Something to use for years without any problems I hope.

You are right on point! My new system has the ASUS x99 Deluxe with Thunderbolt 2, I tried to run my firewire convered from 800 to 400 through the mixer and it seemed to run the 32 chennels with good bandwidth however it lost sync a couple of times so I wend back to a simple pcie card and it works pretty well. I think the problems are with all of the new fangled ways the cpu is throttling the resources for video cards etc. But it works well, and I love it!

2. I bought some outboard reverbs and stuff (spx 1000 and a lexicon) to try to add to the mix and a MOTU 828 MK3 Thunderbolt after working with the config trying to use the tascam and Motu, I sent the Motu back hated the config settings and realized that we have the baddest solutions on the planet! using real faders with our DAW's! Enjoy, any problems I would love to help!

hi kailah. thanks for your help already. i know i wil need it. haha. about the faders bad luck. ut is only way. or we can buy an control box with usb or midi.tthan you can use that for auxes tone effects. i hope that by direct connection ti fire wire laptop it wil work. i do not have thundetbolt. you think i can use that on a Windows pc. i thought thundetbolt is for apple,? maybe yiu can

thank you. nice of you. you want to help. maybe you can use another extra controller on usb. that could do the trick maybe. Greetings Herman from the Netherlands

Hello Kailah,
How are you. today I was in a shop looking for a laptop with i7 qm processor and expresscard and fire wire. it has a jmicron fire wire chipset. texas instruments chipsets are not available anymore in stock laptops. my choice is on the HP elitebook 8570 with i7 qm processor, is powerfull enough for all this plugin violence, beside the dm4800 fire wire connection.
Anyway. He did not have it. but he will look for me. And I can return it for anotherwone if it does not work. seems good deal to me. But it will sat me back 500 euro. Pfff. All for a good cause right. To bring the DM4800 back alive. Back to the music, I bought it from a school. they make life music in music class. Now they bought the Behringer X32. is also nice. A friend of mine has the studio version. really nice also with the netwerk connection. Tascam has one but it sets you back another 1700 dollar or so. And since we have only 4 slots, it gets difficult,
But the quality is just not same like the Tascam, only sound effects are many more, But for me and you no problem. We have enough external gear, right? reverbs delay. gates. compressor limiters. so who needs internal effects. And there are also effect plugins, working in almost realtime with a slight delay. nowdays.
So you work with PCI card. but in a normal tower I suppose. no laptop?. I hear also things about thunderbolt. that it might not work perfect always on windows laptops. That is why I will use the pci express firewire card. with TI chipset. I hope it will work better, Greetz. Herman from the Netherlands

Hello Happy people.

I tried to update my IF-FW/DMMKII firmware from 1.10 to 1.21.... now my computer ( Mac Mini OS 10.10.5 Yosemite ) doesn't see my card at all......Help please

After the firmware update you may need to update the driver for the IF-FW/DMMKII to the latest version. It's on Tascam's website.

Thanks for the reply fclum... I tried all of that - I even uninstalled all Iffwdmm firmware and drivers and reinstalled firmware 1.10 and it still didn't see my card...this sucks!!!

Did it update successfully? Can you provide a screen capture of the IF/FW slot using the TMC screen capture function showing the firmware version and card status?

Also, there is a safe mode jumper on the IF/FW card in the event firmware update went bad. The card will default to the original firmware version so you can start over and/or troubleshoot issues like these. All explained in the manual which is also on Tascam's support page for this product.

Page 38:
http://tascam.com/content/downloads/products/223/IFFWDM_MKII_Owners_Manual_E.pdf

Good morning Cmaffia, I hope this texts message finds you doing well. after reading your reply this morning I did notice on my slot info that my 1394 status was " Driver offline",,, so I uninstalled all IFFW drivers that I may have tried to load ....... disconnected my firewire cable .....loaded the latest driver and firmware from the Tascam site......and I'm Back !!!!!!

Firmware ver. 1.10
Driver ver. 1.30f10

Thanks & G.B.U

New threads

Members online

No members online now.