IF-FW/DMMKII beta drivers for DM3200/DM4800

I too am Looking for the latest Windows 10 Driver.
I currently get about 1000 on DPC.
I have tried 2 PCI-E FW cards one with TI chip and one with VIA but it did not help.

I use 3.30F5 (172407) now but I believe there is a newer driver but I don’t know if it will fix our problem.

Can someone provide a link to the latest WINDOWS IF/FWmkII Driver?

Last edited:
Are you on windows 10? We might be in the same boat. I have a TI card and an Apple Thunderbolt 2 to FW connected to an Apple Thunderbolt 2/3 adapter. They perform identically. I am accustomed to a DPC of sub 100.

If there's a more recent windows driver than F5 I would be willing to paypal someone $10 to send it to me just for research purposes. Send me a PM!

Its not the adapter unless its broken, Ive been using the same adapter combination without any issues with with a late 2016 MBP, using the latest High Sierra.

Are you sure its the same as mine? I am using three adaptors. It just looks like it cannot work... Firewire 400 to 800, 800 to thunderbolt - thunderbolt to USBC 3... Im pretty sure this is the problem... I have not bought the docking station yet, but ill let you all know if it solved the problem.

When you say Thunderbolt to USB C are you talking about this specific adapter from Apple? I have successfully used that combo, FW400>800, FW800>TB2, TB2>TB3 with windows. It's not as good in Windows 10 for me when I use the TB2>TB3, performance wise, but it still works. I am using the TB2>TB3 adapter I linked.

Reactions: Darryn
Interesting, yes this is the same adaptor setup. But this just makes things more confusing. I am completely at a loss. If its not my cables, its not the operating system, drivers and firmare is updated. Then what the hell is it? :/

PM me email address and I will send latest window beta drivers.

Reactions: Darryn
Thanks @cmaffia, i appreciate it, but i have the latest drivers for my new macbook pro. and all the latest firmare.

Reactions: DrTripp
Hi @Darryn, I'm also looking for the latest drivers for mac. Would you be able to point me in the right direction? Many thanks in advance/

Hi @Carl Simmonds, @Darryn has them from me. I am happy to send the whole package via wetransfer. PM me with your email address.
Marcel

I recently collected all the latest versions of the software, drivers and firmware for DM-4800 for the Mac. Since they seem to be in high demand, I decided to put them up on my Google Drive.
Anyone interested can find them here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LkEvXayUtLQG7ms0Gmxf8O5IUH_40Gwc?usp=sharing

It will stay up there as long as there is no abuse of my Drive. :)

I will post this as a separate thread also, so perhaps @cmaffia could make that one sticky.

Marcel

Reactions: ddpmusic
Thank you so much @marvel.I've downloaded them from the link you provided. I'm really grateful. Are you using sierra,or high sierra?

You're welcome. I'm using High Sierra. Scared as hell for trying out Mojave in the future. :)

Yeah,I think if I can get high sierra to work,I'll just stick with it until I change the DM4800!

I've downloaded the files that Marvel so graciously provided. I don't see anything that looks like beta software. The standard Tascam released software is not working with my High Sierra install. Research has shown that there are several "legacy" audio interfaces that do not work with High Sierra. It seems like a firmware update is the cure, and that does not seem likely.

As far as I know these are the latest drivers available, beta or otherwise. Unless someone else has more recent versions. In which case I'm happy to put those up Drive too.

Mac users please send me your collected BETA drivers. I'm putting together an alternate FTP location which will unfortunately be missing a lot of stuff that was on the original Tascam supported Dev site. PM for where I can grab your files. Thanks.

Please help me.
Unfortunately I changed the motu platform, which continues to support old products, for a dm4800 tascam, but tascam leaves us.
I need the beta versions to try to make it work here.

High Sierra
windows 10

New threads

Members online

No members online now.