IF-FW/DMMKII beta drivers for DM3200/DM4800

Just to clarify, the above attachment is the same as the latest version uploaded by Redbus in the FTP site.

Last edited:
Yes it is the file by Redbus. and I got it from the site.

I Check the site often and look for later versions. So far the drivers work really well for my mixer on PC with Presonus Studio One. I have the EMU 1200 Drivers for normal operation, but when I open Studio One the Tascam Drivers Take Over fro my Multi Channel Mixing.

The most recent one works great with Mac OSX 10.9.x. Actually, they all worked fine on my rig, but I'm running the newest one with no problems.

FYI....if you are a UAD Satellite Duo or Quad user -reset the Firewire Bandwidth allocation to 50% ; the IF/FW DMMII driver likes to see around 45% of the bandwidth at 48k-(obviously more at 96). Any more allocated to the UAD can rob a Mac Pro from seeing enough firewire bandwidth to run the IF/FW DMMII driver.

It's not so much the IF driver needing 45% of the Firewire buss as much as the OS W7 & OS X needing and keeping an amount of reserve Firewire bandwidth and not letting just one firewire device hog it all.

Using a dedicated Firewire buss for each device helps ensure max Firewire availability for each device when using more than one Firewire interface and not just a different Firewire port on the same shared buss.

One a desktop computer, using 2-different PCIe FW800 cards each with their own Firewire buss would be best if you have the slots available to do so.

Thanks for all this info guys. I only use the Tascam firewire in and no other firewire connections. It is the firewire 400 port on my mac pro so i should be ok. My backup drive (Time Machine) is USB and i have 4 hard drives in all inside the mac pro. Thanks for all your help

John

Yes, you should be fine. The rear FW port on most Mac Pro's is known to work better than the front FW port.

This note is mostly FYI for Redbus. I am sad to report that it appears that with OS X 10.10 Developer Preview Seed 4 that was released today, the IFFW drivers are no longer working or recognized in Audio/MIDI Setup.

Verified issue on a new Mac Pro and older MacBook Pro. Was working ok with Developer Preview Seeds 1, 2 and 3 though I only did minor testing with Preview Seed 3. It's getting late so I have not looked into to much further other than trying to uninstall and reinstall the F6 drivers but it looks like Apple is now enforcing the requested migration for developers to adhere to the new 10.10 Yosemite User-Space driver protocol.

TCAT and/or Tascam may need to get their hands dirty to resolve this.

TCAT and/or Tascam may need to get their hands dirty to resolve this.
That's one possible solution. The other is, that users stay away from the next OS update and all is fine.

Reactions: captdan
This Forum is great for information, and all of you guys are responsible for my good workflow using my Tascam, Thanks!

That's one possible solution. The other is, that users stay away from the next OS update and all is fine.

Sorry, but I don't see how avoiding a future OS is a solution. True, 10.10 is not yet released and is not ready for prime time, but it is coming and it will be released. And after it is released, all new Mac's will ship with it. Users will have a reasonable expectation that they will able to use their new Mac and use current OS version on their existing Mac's with Tascam DM mixers.

Apple is one of those companies that if you don't engage with them and adhere to their protocols early in the development process, they may ignore you and often hold it against you latter on when you come to them late in the game if they know they gave you notice about changes and new protocols in advance. Not because they are jerks or elitists (though some mangers are) but like a lot of companies because of development resources and schedules. At this time there are now more engineers assigned to help developers get up to speed on 10.10 that won't be there and will be doing something else as 10.10 gets closer to release.

Also like a lot of companies that need each other to succeed, If they like you, like your company and like your products, they tend to take more of a personal interest in helping you succeed and in looking out for your best interests that also benefit them.

Not keeping up with Operating systems makes one's hardware obsolete....Remember Yamaha and mlan. I still have 2 i88x's in the attic....
Drivers need to be kept up to date....I would never buy any software dependent product from Yamaha again....

Um... Wonder could i connect those 2 Yamaha i88x's to 2 IF-an cards to get 16 more channels including those 4 excellent Yamaha pres.... That way the drivers wouldn't be relevant and i wouldn't have 2 expensive pieces of hardware doing nothing in my attic...

New threads

Members online