IF-FW/DMMKII beta drivers for DM3200/DM4800

we all seem to owe each other a lot of beer!

Reactions: cmaffia
Note that things were working with the limiteds testing I was doing with the DM driver in the previous 10.10 Beta seeds and found that it broke in 10.10 Seed 4. The public 10.10 Beta is a slightly scaled down version of Seed 4.

It's not a CoreAudio issue. It looks to be simply this:
"In Developer Preview 4, unsigned or improperly signed kexts will not be loaded".

I need to dig into my signing steps to see why they're not doing what I thought they were.

Thank God we have RedBus!!

Thanks for the update and keeping us in the loop. Looking forward to the next Driver build.

Reactions: John Flynn
Hooray! Such good news. Thanks, RedBus. Here's hoping it's an easy one.

BTW, after reverting to 10.9.4, I had some weirdness that required shutting down and restarting everything, and I wondered if simply reinstalling the driver after installing 10.10 might fix it. As I'm sure you ready know, it didn't. :)

Hy guys,
I have upgraded from RME 16 Track to the Tascam DM-4800 with the IF-FW-DMMKII expansion. (I had a fight with the routing but that works now fine - i run the 24ins from the Tascam and 8 of the Octamic over ADAT -> Firewire)
I'm in IT-Guy and i want to test out the newer Beta drivers and compare them... especially with my Windows 8 Notebook i7 with 4pin Firewire... (at the moment the lowest stable latency i get is with 192 samples - about 16ms in-out wich is still to much useing 48khz)

You talk abut the FTP site of Redbus and all the diferent versions but i didnt find a link... : (

Can someone please give me a link to all the latest "Beta-Drivers"?
Is there also a Firmware Update for the IF-FW-DMMKII expansion?
What latency settings do you use and what times you get?

Sorry first question i solved by myself.
2nd question somewhat... what is the newest version of the IF-FW Firmware and how can i update it...

Update: Lots of new steps required for driver signing, I don't expect a Beta version for Yosemite to be complete until mid September. What is more problematic is that Apple may be putting the new signing requirements in 10.9.5 as well.
Please Hold off on updating until we know more. (Release date for 10.9.5 is unknown, 10.10 is October-ish.)

Awesome. Thanks for the update, RedBus. Good to know you guys have the problem at least localized, and mid September sounds pretty darn close.

Thank you for the link... With the newest drivers i can use all the 32 Channels simultaneously with only 64 samples buffer with 48khz stable... so i get now a latency of 6ms...IN/OUT

The only issue i have left is now the MIDI MC in Ableton... : ( But that's another story... : )

Apple has recently hinted to my colleagues and I that OS X 10.9.5 is expected to be released within the next 30-days.

D'Oh. 10.9.5 came out today, and we don't have the signing issue sorted.

Don't upgrade!

I have a notebook setup (HP EliteBook 8540p with Win8.1) with mini Firewire to DM-4800. I installed the IFFWDMmkII 176851 wich worked perfectly fine... then i connected the Notebook back at home to the WLAN and some Win8 updates where made... with the result that now my firewie chipset(Ricoh R5C832) in IFFWDMmkII System information is marked as not compatible and nothing works anymore... i allready tried to revert my OHCI1394.sys from v6.3.9600 back to 6.1.17600 but it didnt help... can someone point what update should be deinstalled or what i can do? Please it is really important for my work...

my firewie chipset(Ricoh R5C832) in IFFWDMmkII System information is marked as not compatible

Try to find the Windows(tm) 'Ate' ( :) ) Legacy Driver. It should be in the Win8 IE1394 system files - perhaps in the ADVANCED options menu.

If it exists and you can select it - do so. Then, power down your DM, SHUTdown your PC. Next, first boot the DM, then cold boot the PC. See if that solves it.

Oh - and if I'm not mistaken - your message should be in a new thread. This one has to do with the MAC/Apple operating system.

CaptDan

First of all thanks for the quick reply... and thanks to your info i was able to solve it... bless you : )
But it wasnt as easy becuase Windows 8.1 does not provide Legacy-Driver : (
I found this neat little manual how to import the ones from Windows 7
http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=15505

About the location of my post: Your right in one way... it has nothing to do with the Beta-Drivers as i found out thanks to your input... But as far as i see this topic is just about the Beta-Drivers no OS specified... but i may be wrong... : )

Thank you for saving my day aniway... Beer for all (if you come to Zurich)

Glad you were able to fix it. Wasn't trying to be snarky about the thread choice, but when you start a fresh one, you're more likely to attract enough eyes for a quicker solution.

I'll look forward to that beer. :)

CaptDan

IF-FW/DMmkII V1.30f9 (Mac) now on the beta page.
This is a stop-gap measure that works on 10.9.5. Untested on earlier OSes.
There will be another update for proper 10.10 support.

Note: The final driver is likely to be 10.9 and 10.10 only - this might be end of the road for improvements if you're still on 10.8.
This is entirely due to Apple constraints and intercompatibilities.

RedBus.

New threads

Members online