IF/FW-DMmkII drivers running under El Capitan

Since you use the Logic I believe it will have no problems, although I do not use I have installed on my machine and everything works fine, but my biggest recommendation would first check the compatibility of all software that you currently use with El Capitan before proceeding with any upgrade. I think it's too early to count on the Sierra, it will still take a while until the system is ready and be certified by the developers.

One thing you can do is a clone of your entire system using carbon on another HD and leave him as his recovery. With this exact copy of your system you do not need the boot screen, just put the cloned HD on your Mac Pro that it will start normally, I've done it!

Good luck in your upgrade!

Thanks dimobr,

Well all went according to plan and everything works really well. So basically I updated from Yosemite to El Captain and then updated to the new driver release for the FireWire card, followed by a restart. The FireWire card locked in, TCM companion works, and all my logic projects are good to go and loaded fine.

So supper happy that it worked. Basically in another year I'm sure I will get anxiety all over again when it's Serria we will be upgrading to. Please RedBus, if your out there and reading this keep making drivers for us! Seriously saving my bacon!

Has anyone tried the OS X 10.11.6 update with the IF/FW-DMmkII and DM3200 yet?

Hello great minds, i upgraded to OS X El Capitan ver. 10.11.3. TMComapanion is no more detecting my tascam DM4800 anymore. Is there anything im missing?
please help!

Download the latest driver on the tascam site for the firewire interface and it will work. I'm still questioning Siera though

The latest driver on the tascam site does not work for me with the firewire card on El Capitan. Can someone help please? I get driver offline

Well I'm not sure why because I've been using El Capitan without any problems. I'm using both Cubase and Pro Tools.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.