IF-FW mk II and EL Capitan

Tony Stewart

Gear owned
DM-3200
First time post here on the forum and just interested in everyone's opinion on the eventual driver resolution with El Capitan and the IF FW MK II. I have had nothing but a great experience running my custom pc based Sonar rig in conjunction with my buddies older macbook Maverick based OS for a few years. Flawless firewire connections. Now i buy a brand new macbook pro installed with El Capitan and it doesn't work. Frustrating to say the least. I have seen only a couple threads about this issue and it seems like there is little urgency to address the issue. What are your thoughts on if Tascam will indeed "get to it"?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the most recent beta driver for Mac runs fine under 10.11.1. You can find the location of those beta files by searching the forum.

As for "getting to it," you know that card has been discontinued, as the DM3200 will be when Tascam runs out of the essential chips. Tascam has always promised support for seven years after discontinuation, but I don't think that extends to drivers... and under Gibson's ownership, it's anybody's guess.

Last edited:
Thanks for your response! I did not realize that card was discontinued as it is still showing on their website as current. I tried the most recent driver i could find and it didn't work, perhaps it is more of an issue with Logic. Alas, I will try the latest driver once more and if all fails will just look for a new solution. Thanks again!

Where are you getting the most recent driver...

What fixed the problem?

New threads

Members online

No members online now.