If-fwdm mkii firmware 1.10

blue box

Gear owned
DM 4800
Hi.
I need Firmware 1.1.0 for my Firewire card - I use Windows 10. Where can I find it?
Thanks a lot

Downloaded. I've got this message:
The IF-FW/DMmkII has not been detected.
Please Quit, attach the FireWire cable, and try again.
But the card is perfectly working and detect by windows. I've try Win 10 and 7 same issue

@blue box Do you have the card attached to your PC via USB cable? If so, that may be why the card is being detected by your operating system. But, does not rule out an issue with the Fire Wire side of things.

You will need to connect BOTH FW and USB. The first for the operating system to 'see' the FW interface. The second for the firmware data to be sent to the card. TM Companion works via the USB interface.

IIRC from a long time ago, firmware for the IF-FW mkII had to be loaded from Windows 7 (XP even?) with its own installer software (separate .exe file). There is no USB on the FW card and TMC connects with the mixer's USB. Again IIRC, the IF-FW firmware is updated through the FW cable and nothing else.

What is your current firmware of the card? Seems strange to not have 1.10 yet, since that was released in 2009.. Also, there are different IF-FW mkII drivers for Windows - check the separate topic sticky (almost) on top of the list.

Hi. USB and FW are connected and all is working good ( TMC, Cubase in and outs)Firmware is 1.02. I own a second DM4800 with FW card, here the firmware is 1.10. I've tried to upgrade with windows 7 on my studio pc, I'll try with another older windows 7 PC.

Sorry guys, Arjen is of course right, this is about the firmware for the firewire card, not de DM.

Just posting this in case it helps someone.
Ran into the same problem and fixed it on Win 10.

Here's what I did:
-Uninstall completely.
-Install if-fwdm mkii driver 1.10
-Run if-fwdm mkii firmware updater in compatibility mode for Windows Vista Service pack 2
-Update driver to 1.30f9

That's it.
Worked for me.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.