IF - TD24 jumper question

codabass

From
Riverside Ca.
Gear owned
DM-3200
I just received this card used and was told it was tested and working. As I examined the card closely, I noticed that on J2 one of the jumper pins was missing. Looking from the front of the card going to the back its on the right side second jumper up from the bottom. It came with no cables or instructions. My goal was to connect it to my DM-3200 via the three Tdif connections. Will I be needing this jumper pin or will I need J2 at all? I ordered a 50 pin ribbon cable so I am unable to test the unit myself. The card came with a 14 day return policy but by the time I get the ribbon cable, I might end up short on time, so I thought I would ask here. THanks,,,

Over 1000 views and no comments? If someone would just look at their card and see if they are even using the J2 jumpers would help or at this point a copy of the manual would be priceless if one even exists. Thanks,\

Cheers...

Re: IF - TD24 jumper question (resolved)

2500 plus views and no comments :cry: Oh well, I solved the problem myself. Purchased a new 50 pin ribbon cable, popped in the card, pretty straight forward. It appears that J2 for my set up is not needed (no jumpers used.) Tdif cables (3) from the Tascam Dm-3200 to the IF-TD24. Changed the menu on the mx2424 to digital and recorded and play back worked (using pt9). :D

It is a bit strange that with over 3000 views no one replied, maybe none of the 3000 views uses the TD24 card, though I doubt it, you would think someone who viewed would be using that card, I have no idea about that card, I have the analog and adat cards, anyway, thanks for posting your results.

Over 1000 views and no comments? If someone would just look at their card and see if they are even using the J2 jumpers would help or at this point a copy of the manual would be priceless if one even exists. Thanks,\

Cheers...

Hi! I know this thread is quite old and you might have already figured out no jumpers are used in J2. My MX-2424 came with a IF-TD24 card installed and apart from the 50-pin flat ribbon no other cable is attached to this card, as shown in the Option Hardware Installation Guide:

http://tascam.com/content/downloads/products/305/MX_Option_Install_1_0.pdf

Cheers.

New threads

Members online