Import drum tracks / TASCAM DP FX-01

Solomio

Gear owned
TASCAM DPFX01
Yes I'm still using the TASCAM DP FX-01
For drum tracks I have been recording drum beats from my el cheapo Yamaha keyboard.
They are terrible and actually make my originals sound less than authentic.
If someone would be kind enuff to recommend a site from which ( first choice is a free one) I can download drum tracks to my DAW. As you know needs to be 16 bit 44.1 hz.
Second option I guess is to purchase a drum program of some kind which can be down loaded to my PC from where I can transfer to my DAW the beat that I need. I do not want to get involved in creating drum rolls, high hat hits or anything like that. Just a good sounding snare,bass,high hats, cymbals is all I want with the ability to choose the temp I need.
Your recommendations and suggestions are much appreciated.
Thanks.
Solomio

Use a virtual drum kit, and the MIDI editor in your DAW.

Reactions: Solomio
you very much mjk for your reply.
Unfortunately I have not yet learned anything about midi however is it possible to download, lets say, EZ Drummer into my PC, create a basic drum track and then export it to the DPFX0-01 ?

Reactions: -mjk-
Not directly. You would need to generate audio files in order to export from the DAW and then import them into any kind of digital recorder.

You may want to open the MIDI editor in your DAW and try to play drum parts on your computer keyboard. You can add a virtual drum kit plugin and make audio from the MIDI track.

Reactions: Solomio
Thanks again mjk. Well what I'll try to do is down load a drum track that suits my needs to my PC. Then convert it to 16 bit /44.1 khz ( assuming that is possible?) and then upload it to the the DPFX-01.
This is feasible right?

Reactions: -mjk-
Converting a file, sure. I have no idea where you could download a drum track though. There are online drum editors you could check out.

Could download off of You Tube, for example.

I think you're saying that you want to download drum tracks for a specific song - a cover song. If so, you might want to check out guitarbackingtrack.com. The track might have some other parts too, but often there are multiple versions.

I thought you were talking about an original composition. So my previous suggestions are probably not the answer, sorry.

Hi. I have downloaded a drum track from YT to my PC and converted it to .wav.
I have followed manual instruction and the drum track is now showing in the DPO1 Folder on my PC. I cannot however find the upload on the DP01.
It has not loaded as a song so I do not know where to look for it.
Any suggestion as to where on the DP01 I can find that drum track please?

New threads

Members online