Import Tracks

Clayton

Gear owned
DP 32SP
I just got a DP 32SD. Loving it so far but I have a question. My wife and I sing to pre-recorded tracks. I would like to import the tracks without having to "play" them from my computer and record them live. Is there a way to simply import the files onto tracks in the DP 32 without going through the D/A to A/D converters? Thanks.

Yes. There is a way to do that. And it's easy. But the file to be imported has to be a 16 bit wav file.

1) Connect the DP-32SD to a computer and enable the USB connection
2) Copy the file you're wanting to import to the Audio Depot folder of the DP
3) Disable the USB-to-computer connection
4) Access the Audio Depot folder on the DP and import the file to unused track(s) of your choosing
5) ** The imported file (and therefore the song format that you've set the current song to on the DP) needs to be 16 bit, 44.1 khz wav format.

I am 99.9% certain that the information provided above is correct. :)

Reactions: VelcroJonze
Caveats to keep in mind:
(a) the name of the file brought into Audio Depot must be no more than 15 characters.wav
(e.g. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.wav)

(b) The Import screen of Audio Depot will truncate long file names to 8 characters.wav
(e.g. xxxxxx~1.wav / xxxxxx~2.wav / etc.)

Last edited:
Just one more thing (sounding like Columbo!)... as David says, the file must be a .wav file, but it does not have to be 16/44.1K. The crucial point is that it must match the format used by the song. You choose the latter when you create the song - there are 2 options for bit depth (16 & 24), and 2 options for sampling freq (44.1K & 48K), giving 4 possible combinations - 24/48K being the highest quality. David's 99.9% correct as 16/44.1K is the format used by audio CDs. Your ripping software, or website if downloading, may give you other options. There are also tools, such as the free Audacity, to convert one format to another.

Yes, I've been recording at 24/48 in Reaper. My PC has an SD slot, so importing into the sd24 is a doddle. Just make sure your project settings match what you are importing.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.