Input volume issue DR-40

Balto Pinto

Gear owned
DR-40
Hello,

I have used my DR-40 for over a year to record from a rec out from a mixer, a few days ago accidentally I changed the settings. Now I can not adjust the input volume when using the external input...with 1/4 cables. I press the + and - buttons on the side but the input volume does not change.

Please help me figure this out. Thanks.

I have a DR-40 I have been using for two years at least, often 6 hours each weekend for bands. Let us know what you think you changed the settings to. You say you changed the settings and now it's not working the way you want, so we start there.

Hello,

I normally use it to record dj sets, so I use the external input... but a few weeks ago I used the DR 40 mic to record a sound... now I can not figure out why I'm not able to adjust the input volume when using the ext input like I usually do.

Would appreciate if you help me out. Thanks.

At the risk of being too obvious, have you tried initializing the recorder to factory settings?

Yes, did re initialize to factory settings... also installed the latest firmware.

Balto, you still haven't described your settings. i.e. what are your menus set to?

My External recording setup steps:
btn: Record Mode: STEREO / EXT INDEP. / MS Decode: OFF
btn: Home
btn: Record (go into standby mode, red light flashing)

This step is easier with two hands, because the choices timeout quickly:
A thumb for the side panel Volume adjust, a finger for the 1/2 [Solo] button on front.

btn: 1/2 [Solo] > Displays: EXT Rch LVL quickly make your up or down changes with the left side panel Volume adjust.
Press 1/2 [Solo] again to toggle the display to EXT Lch LVL and change value.
If you keep pressing 1/2[Solo] it keeps flipping between Left and Right
It will all clear off the screen in a matter of seconds. Repeat if you need to.

Press btn: RECORD again to kick it into actual recording. Go to the 1/2 [Solo] routine during recording if you need to adjust without stopping.

If you change Record Mode to 4 CH recording, your external channel volumes are now found by pressing button 3/4 [Solo] and the 1/2 [Solo] is to adjust your internal microphones.

Try that.
Charlie

New threads

Members online