?interchangeable SD card from DP24SD to DP24

Discussion in '2488 and DP-24/32 Digital Portastudios' started by OldPunk, May 13, 2019.

1. OldPunk

OldPunk New Member

While my DP24 is getting fixed, I have access to a DP24SD. Can I take the card with song data from the newer model and use it in the older model?
  2. -mjk-

-mjk- Well-Known Member

Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
    Gear:
    DP-32, | 2A Mixer, A3440
    Copy the contents of the card to a backup folder on your PC. Try it and see. I won't hurt anything, and the worst that'll happen is the data might become corrupted on the card somehow. But so what? You have a backup. Go for it!
    Mark Richards likes this.
  3. Phil Tipping

Phil Tipping Well-Known Member

West Wales, UK
    Gear:
    dp-32sd, vl-s5, 202 mkIII
    If the repaired dp24 does have problems reading the card, the backup image of the song may still not help, so I would recommend using the dp24sd to export all tracks to AudioDepot and back these up as well.
    That way if the worst happens, you can always re-format the card on the dp24, create new songs on it, then import the tracks.
    -mjk- and Mark Richards like this.
  4. Mark Richards

Mark Richards Well-Known Member

Southern USA
    Gear:
    DP-24, vintage 40-4
    As long as both are running the most current firmware, I'd be very surprised if the older unit couldn't read the songs recorded on the newer unit.

That said, I would also do what mj and Phil have recommended.
    -mjk- likes this.
  5. OldPunk

OldPunk New Member

Oh yeah, I've never used the Audio Depot before. Good idea. Thank you. I'll make sure the 24SD is updated fw.