Is manual track aligning in DP-24/32 SD a viable solution for sequencer based musicians?

Discussion in '2488 and DP-24/32 Digital Portastudios' started by HWG1, Oct 11, 2018.

1. HWG1

HWG1 New Member

Gear:
    none
    Hi!

I want to ask you is manual track aligning is a viable solution for a sequencer based users?
    Or should I definitely look for something with MIDI support?

I make beats on MPC and would like to track them out for mixing and mastering (I'd like to do both "inside a box"). Tascam's DP-24/32 SD look great, but the lack of MIDI is a real bummer and I'm little concerned that manual track alignment all the time will eventually kill all the fun from using the unit.

Thanks!
  2. Arjan P

Arjan P Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    Gear:
    DM3200 IFFW
    Hi HWG1, recently there have been some topics about just this synchronisation issue. Just check these topics, I think you'll find something useful there.
  3. HWG1

HWG1 New Member

Gear:
    none
    Hi Arjan and thank you for your reply.

I should've mentioned in my first post that I've already been lurking here for a while and I've read all the threads (I think so) about workarounds for a lack of MIDI. I don't want to introduce another piece of gear like SMPTE - MIDI converter to my setup and in that case manual track editing is the only option AFAIK.

The more I think about it the more it seems like a bad idea to get DP-24/32 SD for my needs. I can't imagine aligning every track above 8th track every time. I think will just wait for a non-SD version to show up locally or get one of older Roland VS units.