Is manual track aligning in DP-24/32 SD a viable solution for sequencer based musicians?

HWG1

Gear owned
none
Hi!

I want to ask you is manual track aligning is a viable solution for a sequencer based users?
Or should I definitely look for something with MIDI support?

I make beats on MPC and would like to track them out for mixing and mastering (I'd like to do both "inside a box"). Tascam's DP-24/32 SD look great, but the lack of MIDI is a real bummer and I'm little concerned that manual track alignment all the time will eventually kill all the fun from using the unit.

Thanks!

Hi HWG1, recently there have been some topics about just this synchronisation issue. Just check these topics, I think you'll find something useful there.

Hi Arjan and thank you for your reply.

I should've mentioned in my first post that I've already been lurking here for a while and I've read all the threads (I think so) about workarounds for a lack of MIDI. I don't want to introduce another piece of gear like SMPTE - MIDI converter to my setup and in that case manual track editing is the only option AFAIK.

The more I think about it the more it seems like a bad idea to get DP-24/32 SD for my needs. I can't imagine aligning every track above 8th track every time. I think will just wait for a non-SD version to show up locally or get one of older Roland VS units.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.