Issues with Playback - Tascam US - 16x08 and Windows 7

Andy1

Gear owned
Tascam US - 16x08
Hello folks! Hope my thread will be helpful not only to me but also to other people that might encounter similar issues. Here's the case:

I have Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit system optimized for studio, and I am using Cubase Pro 10 as my primary DAW. I was really excited about getting my Tascam unit on board, as the reviews were really nice. So, I opened the box, hooked everything up, installed the latest drivers and firmware. I was especially excited about the DSP Mixer...

Straight of the bat, the quality of sound was insane for such a price, but here is the problem.

Issue #1
- I was thinking it would be possible to use Tascam to playback sound from multiple sources simultaneously, but so far I haven't been able to do that? Tascam's 'Mixing Driver' allegedly should be able to provide that function, but it didn't work for me. Any clue??

Isuue #2 - Sometimes , even when Cubase's settings allow the driver to be used when application is in background, the Tascam will not play anything outside the DAW (like YouTube or even a song in Winamp). I have to go in Windows Sound options (through that icon in the lower right) and manually disable the 16x08 driver and the re-enable it to be able to play sound outside DAW...

Does anybody have a clue as to what's going on with this driver? How can I overcome these mentioned problems I'm facing with this unit?

Thanks so much for your replies!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.