It's quiet around Windows 10 & Thunderbolt.....

Muziekschuur

Soundaholic
Gear owned
Tascam DM24
Windows for desktops seems to be less and less important. The new Samsung 6 phone came out and it has an Samsung 8 core as processor at 14nm. Wich means Intel seems to be a year (22nm for the current i7) behind in development on Samsung. With 10nm as the current rockbottom way of how small we can make processors. But our sequencers (Protools, Cubase, Sonar, Logic) runs either windows or OSX Mac.

Intel now works closely (since 2012) on Thunderbolt integration. Thunderbolt, USB3 and HDMI seems to be the only connection types wich have survived the standardization war of the (recent) past. So it better works right? And Thunderbolt still is not widely spread & tested. This concerns me. As low latency still is an issue.

Motherboards usually had like 4 accespoint to RAM & the CPU. (Remember FRONTSIDE BUS talks?). Nowadays a motherboard can have like 40 connections to RAM and multi cpu's. This together with SSD's & RAM could speed up the internal processing at least 5 times making 32 samples latency not a problem at all...

But with so little attention to Thunderbolt drivers & windows 10 integration I am wondering what October is gonna be when W10 hits the market....

Even on the Mac front Thunderbolt is likely going out the window now that Apple has made USB Type-C the only port on the new Macbook. They had 18 engineers assigned to help develop the spec, and it's only going to continue to gain traction. Thunderbolt is starting to look more and more like Firewire did a few years ago.

Their desktop does gave thunderbolt and It could Connect two of those SO instantly they could work as a farm. It won't Go away.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.