Just checking in again

Joseph Hanna

From
Long Beach, California
Gear owned
Model 16
I asked this question a while back but thought I'd bump it forward. Does anyone have experience using two Model 16s (or two Model 24s) in an aggregate scenario for use in a DAW?

Mac can aggregate any interfaces. I would think you could push 2 Tascam Model 24s together on a Mac. I've never done specifically that... but I've done the Tascam Model 24 with an Apollo x4 and it works great. Not sure if this helps you at all.

Thanks Matt!

Yes you can create an aggregate for the 24 and 16 and although a bit unstable in Pro Tools, it’s a train wreck in Studio One. There are also some “gotcha’s” when it comes to elegantly linking audio. Sub out of the 16 into two channels of the 24 works but the 16 won’t feed FX’s or Monitor 1 and or 2 out the sub into the 24 which leaves the FX processor useless.

By and large I’m working on it and from a seamless solution I might use the 24 as my main mixer and interface and the 16 as a sub-mixer for my synths.

Ah gotcha. I use Reaper on the Mac. I've tested the aggregate thing - but have never done any serious work with it. 'I might use the 24 as my main mixer and interface and the 16 as a sub-mixer for my synths.' -- this sounds reasonable! (And fun).

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.