LCD fix?

darthfader93

Gear owned
dm 3200
I know there are past threads on the LCD line problem, but I've never seen anyone say if they've tried fixing it instead of replacing it or getting the 2seemy card. So I am curious, has anyone Crack the front section open to see if there are any shorts in any of the connections? Please do not tell me to just replace it or buy the 2seemy card, that is not what I'm inquiring about. If you've actually taken the time to open it up and see what's wrong please let me know.

I had a similar problem with my monitoring section to where sometimes if I just nudged the cr pot the volume would sky rocket. After talking to tascam and getting no help and sending it in for repair for which they repaired the wrong thing. I decided to take a look for myself. After opening the whole thing up, I found some melted plastic within the main monitor connection and all I had to do was clean that out and reconnect the cable. Been working like a charm ever since. So maybe there is something similar in the LCD section. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't the actual screen itself that is getting messed up.

Attachments

• 20160824_123028.jpg
    20160824_123028.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 24
That display has driver issues and unless you are good at surface mount parts changes and can get the correct parts, you might not have any choice.

Skywave, if you read through the mentioned repair, it is very clear that the blue lines problem originates from a ribbon cable that is not sufficiently connected/pushed to the LCD. It uses glue to stay in place and connect, and this can fail over time - in short: bad/cheap design. Nowhere is there mention of drivers.

Arjan, I think he might be referring to driver components in the hardware sense not software. But you are correct about the connectors being glued. Poor design decision indeed.

Reactions: Arjan P

New threads

Members online

No members online now.