Logic pro x / if-fw/dm mkii / tascam dm 4800 output problem

Pixi

Gear owned
Tascam DM 4800
Hey guys,

I have a Tascam DM 4800 with the IF-FW/DM MKII installed, my DAW is Logic Pro X.

What I have donate following:
- I route out "OUT 1-2 till 23-24" from Logic Pro X to the Tascam inputs "INP 25-26 till 47-48"
Everything is working fine - every channel. I route every channel on the Tascam (INP 25-26 till 47-48)
at the "Output Assign" to "Stereo". If I want to bounce now my track with several outputs (OUT 1-2 till 23-24) from Logic - coming in at Tascam (INP 25-26 till 47-48) - I can see that everything is working fine at the VU Meter - but Logic ONLY take the OUTPUT 1-2 called Stereo, and ONLY bounces this two outputs.

Where is my mistake at the Tascam routing - cause every channel (INP 25-26 till 47-48) is routed to Tascam Stereo (output Assign) and Logic have to record ALL the Channels of my mix coming from Logic to Tascam.

Can please someone help me to fix this problem? I really work hard at the tascam, but this point I don't know why!

Thank you!

Cheers
Chris

Hey Chris,

I am not sure, but to be able to record every channel back into Logic, you would have to route every channel going out of the DM to Logic IN to a separate track (or every pair to a stereo track, as you seem to be doing).
You would have to assign these inside the desk to the appropriate FW-channels. Seems like you only routed every channel to the stereo bus on the DM.

It would be helpful if you could post screenshots from both Logic and the DM to see how you have currently set things up.
There's also some great information on this forum about routing in the DM, which is unfortunately not very intuitive.

Cheers,
Marcel

New threads

Members online

No members online now.