Looking for more 2488 resourses

barry.b

Gear owned
Tascam 2488
Hi All

I'm starting to work with two 2488's - a Mk-I that a harmonica player friend used by his drummer (R.I.P) to record his album (the friend is clueless with technology, relying on others like his late drummer ... and me), and a Mk-II that I bought a while ago and only plugged in and proved it works sweet, bought second-hand from a guy who also didn't use it much.

I'm keen to get both machines into high use - for his projects, and for mine. They're good quality machines and I've known people who have got great results with them. I also can't justify moving to something else like a computer-based system with ProTools+Focusrite A/D's.

However, I'm behind the eight-ball with using 2488's, although I have no problem with audio gear, having been a live sound engineer for decades (and started out with a Tascam 80-8 with DBX unit back in the day)

I'd prefer to read lots instead of pestering people with inane Noob questions.

I've got both manuals and the David Wills DVD, and have been through all 23 pages of the current TascamForums 2488 forum.

Over on "Home Recording Forums" a member called "Double" said:

I have since come up with a "Home guide to the 2488", basically it covers areas of operation left out of the 2488 manual (which is a lot) plus short cuts and run a rounds to many of the functions.

That post was in 2007, and the http://tascamforums.com/index.php?showtopic=1926 link is long broken with the earliest - current - 2488 post going back to 2012 (and 2007 forum content no longer available - probably because the forum software has been updated or changed since).
This highlights a problem: heaps of resources - answers to my Noob questions - have fallen off the interewebs since.

So... can anyone suggest other resources to read up on the 2488's?

Thanks heaps,
B

Last edited:
There used to be a user-funded Tascam site and I wish I had saved some of the threads, I don't suppose anyone else has?
Attached is the Home guide to the 2488 as well as a track sheet

Attachments

• 2488_Home_Guide_-_Last.pdf
    396.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Neo track sheets.pdf
    57.4 KB · Views: 40

New threads

Members online