Looking for several tascam 246 parts

I have contracted with my parts guy to make some of these joints. I can not say that it will be $3.00 but at least you will be able to fix what is broken. In the past I have made them from the old parts and with a piece of aluminum. There are units out there working find with my made up part for at least a couple of years. One deck was a Z5000. The parts that are cosmetic are going to have to come from Teac or other units.

Apologies for replying to this year-and-a-half year old thread, but this is exactly the information I'm looking for at the moment! The plastic (nylon?) joint in my Tascam 246 broke and I'm looking to find a replacement.

Jim Karl, were you ever able to track down a replacement?

SkywaveTDR, you mention that your parts guy can make one of these joints. How can I get in touch with him? I'm willing to pay whatever is reasonable.

Thanks!

Jack

I talked to a guy who is on a mission to find the joint part as many of them are needed. The person is in contact with a 3D printing company and so he plans of getting the part diagrammed and then produced using that technology. How well that works will be a test yet to be preformed but I suspect that the right material might be a good choice to make that part. When we have results I will post a picture and availability on my web blog and start selling those world wide like I do my Gear C. So stand by a little longer.

Hi!

I'm looking for the same part too! Assuming that it is compatible with the 244?

Any updates yet?

The guy that is doing this on his own has many other things like most of us to do besides this part but he had communicated to me that he will get a sample to the drafting guy who then will be able to make the cad drawing required to make the parts. After that it is just a matter of turning them out- we are also looking into some improvements in the construction for strength.
These are going to be 3D printed so we need to find out how that will work. Hey if they can make guns that fire with this material why not this part?

Reactions: Koslanen
For any who may come across this thread in the future, I had a 3D-printed "joint" designed to replace the nylon one in the tape mechanism in a Tascam 244 or 246. I've used them in a few machine repairs now and they work great! It was designed to be even more sturdy than the original part. I can sell one of these parts to any 244 or 246 owner for $30 USD postpaid to addresses in the USA. Drop me a message or email via my website and I'll help you out!

Jack Saturn
Recursive Delete Audio/Visual
https://recdel.com/

New threads

Members online