Lost all MIDI i/o

Kenny Dykstra

Gear owned
DM-4800, 2 x DM-24
Hey guys just introducing myself to the forum for one! I haven't been on as a blogger on here but I always found what I needed from you guys, in this case however we all seem to be having the same issues with OSX 10.9.5 and Logic Audio 10.1.1 any help! Now I just picked up a DM-4800/w the FW card to replace my 2 DM-24's... For some reason ever since I have lost all MIDI I/O even on my little M-Audio 2x2 USB box? I do have a MTPav laying around and I'm wondering if that may solve my issues? Regardlesss I cannot write as using my midi is nessicary as well as for SYNC, so If anyone can shed light on my situation please do! I got this console to be productive not dead in the water! So is it better for me to downgrade OSX however if I do so will I loose my 64 bit stuff? I do have Logic Pro 9.0 however I'd rather stay in Pro X like my catalog... I'm running a Quad Core Mac Pro, with a 424 system with 2 2408's, a UAD-Quad card, and the Firwire cable to the card on the DM-4800. Yes I have tried to use the USB from the console and, that's right it doesn't seem to be recognized either, so please all and any info will help!! Thank you all for your help in the past, I'm greatly appreciative!!!
Kenny Dykstra

Last edited:
I have moved your post out to a new thread in the DM-4800 section and renamed it to describe your issue, because you submitted it as a reply to an unrelated topic. Please always post in the right section of the forum and give descriptive titles to your threads, so that people can help you.

Zero USB devices being recognized by your computer. This sounds like a Mac problem not a Tascam problem

I truly don't want to get into a Mac PC battle, but hands down your on the money there... If I didn't install the FireWire card and try to get it working as a remote first, and just synced the way I had the DM-24's hooked up I would have been off and running out of the gate! The problem may be too many midi-drivers at this point.. I'm not sure ?

?
I'm not proposing a Mac PC battle. This sounds like your OS has an issue. Even without FireWire drivers installed, your Mac should see the Dm4800 via USB and it doesn't. Your Mac also doesn't see your M-audio USB 2x2 which to me points to an OS USB issue and not a Tascam issue.

Have you tried the obvious and unplug all USB devices except your DM?

Last edited:

New threads

Members online